suggestion for Hotel on Punta Cana

rxdweb1

Oct 25, 2007
Any take for really good hotel to stay at with family..2kids of 10yr & 12yr age???
Reviews were discouraging about food and room conditions at booking sight...

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
As a mother of three boys that did their share of Dominican resorts (they are now 15, 17, 19), I can tell you it is hard to go wrong with the kids when booking a hotel in Punta Cana. A super beach, great pools, lots of space to roam around, lots of beach and sport activities, great active tours for the entire family, and the "it's free" feel where children do not have to ask mom before taking makes for great vacations. On the other hand, if you like to keep your children close, you might though consider one of the less sprawling resorts.

There are some specialty properties, as is the Club Med Punta Cana where couples without children will feel out of place, but practically you could choose a hotel for you and your husband, and the children will be fine.

See our hotel directory at Dominican Republic directory of businesses, products and services

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
check out the gran bahia principe though note that it is a really big hotel. i stayed there in july and am staying there again next month. its a beautiful resort, the beach is amazing, the food is good, and its mostly families and honeymooners with tonnes of activities for all ages but i dont think youll go wrong with picking any resort in pc.

good luck!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Reviews were discouraging about food and room conditions at booking sight...

??

Reviews for which resort were discouraging - all of them?

"at booking sight..." - which sight (site - ?) is this?

Sorry, this just doesn't make much sense to me as most PC resorts are 4* or higher. If I can understand it, I might have a recommendation or two.

Gregg

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
check tripadvisor as well as the links you can find here on DR1. you may be looking in the wrong places. there are tonnes of amazing places to stay in pc!

btw...are you looking for an AI or non AI?

dreams2sail

Nov 1, 2007
Loved Majestic Colonial!! Although the kid's club is smaller than some resorts (from what I hear), all the kids I saw were having a great time. The energy at this resort is great, staff seems sincere for all to have fun, I thinks kids sense this too. It is large but that offers areas for people that want quiet without children and vice-versa. I'd definitely go back (with or without kids).