my gf got denied her work visa today

Sep 19, 2005
well she finally actually made it to the interview after almost one year of total BS from a company called CONNECTIONS out of Santiago. they took her application and those of many many more , they took the $1000US deposit and then they started with all the BS...the first visa was supposed to happen in the spring around may...but excuse after excuse came from them...the consul this and the consul that...they were missing this paper and had to wait and then the consul wanted another paper....ten interview dates came and went...

well today she finally went along with 7 others...one got the OK the other 7 got the boot.

she was telling me that earlier this week many were denied(other groups from Connections) and the reasons were varied. One was the girl seemed nervous...so they denied her...another was because when the guy asked why she wanted to come to america to work..the girl just kept answering.."to work"... he wanted an expanded explantion kinda..but she just kept saying the same thing...so he canned her.

the reason given to my GF was this....: I see no reason why you would go back home afterwards.

thats it...but the company, Connection, who pre screened everyone to make sure they spoke english and were qualified should have known that.

they( the consul) only aksed her 2 questions.... and they did them both in spanish!!

first question: "how old are you"...duh they have that on all their info..

second question: why do you want to work in america...she answered: to make money to help pay for college....

his answer..: go to college first and then apply for a J1 visa.

then told her he didnt think she would go back home, because there was nothing important to her in her country to make her go back.

What really ticks me off is the company were hired....to me it is just a scam to get money out of people who they know dont have a chance....they return all but $400US to those who go to the consul and get denied.

but thats not bad to send 100 up there and if they get denied still make 40,000!!!!!!

if they get accepted the fee is finally $2300US per person and that doesnt include airfare.

well ..lets see if they actually return the money....they have had since feb of this year!!!!!!

what a collosal waist of time....

we didnt send her to the university because she might go to work in the US....

I wish there was a way to actually talk to the US consul employees myself about their denial......there really has to be a way to convince them that the girl i am sponsoring will return...

we would jeapordize our chance at a future visa.

bob

Sep 19, 2005
the time to talk to him is when there is a chance he could do something...by the time I wrote to him...it would impossible to get him to change his decision... and we would just be arguing with each other at that point...

why make waves for no purpose....she may try for a J1 in the future at some point...would not want bad memories to pop up when that happened.

bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Bob you have the name of the man that did the interview and you're sure he is from the US consulate?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Sorry to hear that, hopefully all will go according to plan in the near future for you guys.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I don't understand why she went through such trouble and expense knowing how things work in the DR. I would've been shocked if this whole thing WASN"T a scam.

The only, and I mean ONLY way to get your GF to the states legally is if you marry her.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I don't understand why she went through such trouble and expense knowing how things work in the DR. I would've been shocked if this whole thing WASN"T a scam.

The only, and I mean ONLY way to get your GF to the states legally is if you marry her

She has to wait 2 yrs until she is of legal age, 18yrs.
hahahahaha. me make a joke.
AZB

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
I tend to agree with you. I was born in Romania, and up to about 5 years ago it was a similar situation when it came to visas, however all changed - I sent invitations to few friends and all got 10 years visas on the spot. Many many others receive summer work visas ( 6 Flags, resorts in Florida etc ), baby-sitter visas....I wonder what was the catalyst in this policy shift...

Feb 7, 2007
LPF- what kind of visa was your GF supposed to get? Was it H1xxx? Mostly H1 visas, or J1 (work and travel) as well as L1 (intercompany transfer) and E1 (treaty trader) are approved (as work visas).

Has the work petition for her been approved by the USCIS? If she had the work petition approved by USCIS, embassy stamp is only pro-forma; but it doesn't seem to be your GF's case, because work petition costs $$$ and lawyers handling them even more $$$$ so I don't think that would be done for $1000.

But important question: What kind of visa was she supposed to get?

Check out some immigration websites such as Murthy Law Firm : U.S. Immigration Law and check out the section on work visas.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
AZB

hahahallahuakbarhaha .....not funny......

Like Tamborista says in post #10, "Remember 9/11/01"

Sorry you had trouble Rubio.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Sorry to here your bad news bob we tried for a vist visa for my step son 3 times, refused we also went to the immigration court same old thing nothing to go back to the d/r for, :bunny:the embassy just likes taking people money:pirate: vince1956

Sep 19, 2005
she was going for an H2B...it is a temporary work visa for opening that emploers cant fill locally..

All the applicants would be workign for a large company that owns a bunch of McDonalds in northern fla. and southern Alabama.

actually it was a company hired by the McDonalds chains in that area.

They supply resturant and hotel workers to that industry.

She has seen some of the people that went, so it isnt a real scam...

I say it is like a scam, because they really dont care as much if they go or dont, because they are making good money either way...

The manager from the hiring company in Alabama came to Santiago to interview many of the applicants. This company Connections has been doing this for a little while. But they made so many mistakes in paperwork it is crazy.

they actually ran out of jobs in may...and had to offer shorter term jobs that they found quickly.

The problem with that was..the US consul realizes that they pay $2300 to apply and that if they only work 4 months at $8 per hour and pay their living expenses while there, they wont recover the $2300 much less MAKE money...so they denied all the applicants for those short term work visas.

bob

Sep 19, 2005
AZB

does she really look 2 years younger than the girl i saw you with last time!! ha ha ha

AZB watch out she is old enough to get her pistol permit!!!!!FINALLY it will be a sig sauer p228.......she might even shoot it someday!! ha ha ha

bob

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Bob-

It is virtually impossible for a young, single female to get a visa to the US. Heck, it would take a minimum of 2 years for her to get her visa if she married you and had your child. why? Many thousands of fraudulent, lying Dominicans have established an "impressive" track record with DHS and the State Department.

Anyone who tells you anything different does not know what they are talking about.

Alida has been in process since 1999.