discos in punta cana

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
hi everyone:
Does anyone know the cover charges for the following discos?:
-Mangu (I believe it is $5, free for me last time because I stayed at the Flamenco)
-Arieto
-Pacha
-disco at Barcelo resorts (I hear it's $45 US - BRUTAL!)
-Hot Spot (ps where exactly is this disco located and is it safe to go there?)

Also, what nights of the week are best to go on for each disco?

Thanks!
LJ

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
tropicana

last year when we visited punta cana we went to a wonderful bar/disco called the tropicana. a friend we met there took us so i am not sure of the location but it is not far. it is located underground and is worth the visit! maybe some others here could give better details.. have fun!

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
thanks alot! did you have to pay a cover fee? I don't mind paying $5-$15 US, but I just want to know in advance because I am not going to take a taxi somewhere and then have to pay like $45US to get in somewhere...you know?

Thanks again!
-Lynda

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks alot! did you have to pay a cover fee? I don't mind paying $5-$15 US, but I just want to know in advance because I am not going to take a taxi somewhere and then have to pay like $45US to get in somewhere...you know?

Thanks again!
-Lynda

hi Lynda,
the $45.- at the Barcelo is their nightpass, like the daypasses for the resorts on daytime, just for the nighthours with the disco (local drinks) and the connected snack bar(hot dogs/hamburgers) all inclusive.
others may charge you just a $5.- - $15.- bucks but there you pay each drink an other $5.-.

the Hot Spot is located in the middle of between the Plaza Barao and Friusa.
you've been at the Flamenco last time, so if you leave the flamenco straight on after 1 kilometer you see on your right side the Plaza Brisas, at the end of the Plaza Brisas you turn right,it is a stretchy sandy road, after 50 yards you see on the right side the sign "Hot Spot" and the entrance. from the flamenco/plaza bavaro 3 minutes in a taxi.

Mike

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
When I went to Mangu in July, me and my girlfriends paid $6 USD on a week night and $8 on the Saturday to get in and that included a drink.

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
just found out that mangu is closed for renovations while i'll be there...darn...i will check out HotSpot...is it safe for tourists to go alone?

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
oh and how much would that taxi cost? reasonably (one way)...don't want to get ripped off!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Lynda,
first off all,
i agree with Rubio,
the bord members do boycott the Mangu Disco for bad behavior aginst locals, so don't worry about it to be closed for reno's.
the taxi rate depends where you'll stay, if you are at a resort around the Plaza Bavaro (Palladium/Flamenco/Princess/Paradisus Punta Cana) the fee is the minimum fee, $10-$12.- per ride and will take less than 5 minutes.
the Areito is located aside of the entrance of the Caribe Club Princess, no Taxi needed if you stay there, from the others the same minimum fee than the Hot Spot.
no problem for a group of visitors to stay at the spot.
the Pacha Disco is located in the RIU Resort, open for visitors from other resorts, too, that's a 10-12 minutes from the Plaza Bavaro area and a taxi should cost a $15.- - $18.- per ride.
have fun
Mike

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
Hi all,
I have been to Mangu and I like it. I respect all of your opinions though. Thanks for the tips. I will probably only go to HotSpot with a bunch of people (including a friend that is working in Punta Cana). I would feel safer. i will probably just go to Arieto mostly. I am staying at the Bavaro Princess so I will probably have to take a taxi. The disco at our resort will probably be weak, but we will probably hang out there on the nights that we don't feel like getting "too wild." Are Areito, Pacha, and HotSpot open all week long? Which nights are the best to go on? Probably won't go to the Barcelo disco...maybe hit up Pacha once. I hear HotSpot is only open on Fri, Sat and sun so maybe save that one for our last nights.....too bad we aren't going on the same week sascha!!!!

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
ps...how do you call a cab in punta cana? do you just get the front desk to do it? what about when you want to leave the bar???.... i dont want to be stranded in the middle of the night in punta cana...eeeep! lol

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Lynda,
you can order a taxi from any resort's lobby, just let the consierge know you want a cabby and 2 minutes later he will be there. at all above mentioned discos you can order a taxi with the guard at the door or they are located at the front door anyways to jump in.
from the Bavaro Princess to the Areito Disco you won't need a cabby, you can walk over there without leaving really the resort, you will find out the walkway once you arrived.
like you saw yourself the Hot Spot is only open Friday Saturday Sunday, all other discos are open daily, but not really filled before midnight.
have a great time
Mike

Feb 7, 2007
As far as Pacha I don't think they charge entrance fee. I have been to Riu several times and every time I went nobody asked me anything, I brought in drinks from the hotel with me, no big deal, and I didn;t see anybody asking anybody to pay.

They do have, however, special presentations of bands and singers, and on those nights you usually pay 350 pesos per person. The presentation is never on a regular week night, only on Fridays or Saturdays (but not always, maybe 1 or 2 a month).

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
thanks alot for your help guys! i really appeciate it! this forum is awesome...i will let you know how it goes :p

jrjules

Oct 31, 2007
Hey...can anyone recommend some 'must-do's' in PC next week. I girlfriend and I are heading down from WI to get away from it all and want to have relaxation and fun!