Caberete or Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
Now I have to decide which one! A solo traveler ( 54 years old) going to the north coast of the DR for thirty days. I have to choose between a studio at Ocean Dreams or a one bedroom at Las Canas. Which town is livelier at night? Which town has the better resturants? Are both of these towns about the same? Having never been to either one I am undicided on which one to visit. Anyone out there that is familiar with the two towns and can give me some much needed advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The two towns are very different.
The short of it is that Cabarete is geared to the young sporty windsurfing crowd, while Sosua is more diverse, and might be a bit more up your alley, for evening activities.
That being said, I don't think either would dissatisfy you.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
having been to both, i would say sosua. there are lots of great places to eat dominican or non-dominican. the nightlife is good in sosua, not too rowdy and lots of ex-pats to guide you if you don't speak much spanish or know the lay of the land. additionally, i would say take the advice of the people on DR1 as most either live in the DR or have been there many times.

have a nice trip !!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Big advantage to Ocean Dream is that you can walk to the beach (90 seconds) and walk to town and all of the resturants in 1-8 minutes. Can't beat the location. Rent however will be higher

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.