Donations in Punta Cana

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For those living in this area wanting to help out those affected by Tropical Storm Noel, I'm part of the team at PUNTACANA Resort & Club working on sending stuff down to Santo Domingo. These items will be distributed to the harder hit areas and to people who have lost it all. If anyone in this area wants to help with donations, let me know and I'll give you the information on where to drop it off. We've got a truck leaving the area tomorrow and several will be going in the next days.

Every little bit helps, don't be shy.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I've just received confirmation that the empty locale next to the Pharmacy at Galerias Punta Cana (close to the Punta Cana International Airport) will be used as a drop-off point. Anyone interested in making donations can bring their stuff there. If anyone has a big volume of things and doesn't have a vehicle to send it in, let me know also and I'll figure something out.

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
Hi KateP,

We are also setting up a drop off point at the Occidental Allegro in Cabeza de Toro... They have lent us a truck and we will be collecting help from the hotels and anyone interested in helping out anyway they can. The truck will be leaving to Villa Altagracia on Monday morning. If your truck fills up, we can help as well.

Any help will be happily welcome (a pair of shoes, a blanket, RD$50 persos...) It all can make a difference to those that have lost everything...

We were lucky in the east as we have not been affected, we should show our support to those in need right now.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Buena idea.....

For those living in this area wanting to help out those affected by Tropical Storm Noel, I'm part of the team at PUNTACANA Resort & Club working on sending stuff down to Santo Domingo. These items will be distributed to the harder hit areas and to people who have lost it all. If anyone in this area wants to help with donations, let me know and I'll give you the information on where to drop it off. We've got a truck leaving the area tomorrow and several will be going in the next days.

Every little bit helps, don't be shy.
Thanks for starting this thread.

I sent Hlywud a PM wondering if his organization, Bayond The Beach Foundation, is doing something to help with this horrible cause.

Hopefully SOME members will stop worrying about Sankies for a day or two(like I have, whahaha), and help some needy people in the country they say they love so much.

Again, thanks.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yo tambien.....

I personally support what you are doing and will dispatch notifications to our Director's to see what we can do to help.

Hlywud
Director: Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation

Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation
You know I support your organization 1,000% so ANYTHING you need, let me know.

I have some of my friends in the DR doing something for this cause.

Whomever say they love the DR and it's people should try and help.

Little or small, any help helps.

Like I always say: "Don't show it with words, show it with actions".

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Miguel (et al.),

The only small issue we have is that we are an incorporated non-profit organization and in our articles of incorporation we are required to ensure that our efforts are directed at the children of the DR - not just at those who need it. This is not a major issue but sometimes requires a bit of creativity and thinking outside of the box to ensure that we stay within our charter.

Once an undertaking is approved by the board (I personally have no doubt that this will happen) we may have to be a bit creative to ensure that we can ensure that our efforts have the mark of being directed towards children. The good news is that I will be in Punta Cana in a little over three weeks and could deliver approved goods and/or funds at that time.

We'll keep you advised.

Gregg

Donations

Miguel (et al.),

The only small issue we have is that we are an incorporated non-profit organization and in our articles of incorporation we are required to ensure that our efforts are directed at the children of the DR - not just at those who need it. This is not a major issue but sometimes requires a bit of creativity and thinking outside of the box to ensure that we stay within our charter.

Once an undertaking is approved by the board (I personally have no doubt that this will happen) we may have to be a bit creative to ensure that we can ensure that our efforts have the mark of being directed towards children. The good news is that I will be in Punta Cana in a little over three weeks and could deliver approved goods and/or funds at that time.

We'll keep you advised.

Gregg

Well put my friend, I was trying to figure out how to put it in words, like you said (I personally have no doubt that this will happen) 3 of 9 directors have said affirmative already and the others are obviously still at work. People must remember that we are based in Canada which means there is a distance factor and time involved in getting approved goods and or funds to the appropriate person or place and we must be sure that whatever the donation is must be directed to Children of the DR as per our charter.
Miguel, we always apprecitate your support of our Foundation and I am personally in favor and lobbying our board members to take some action, every little bit helps.

I will say this, that if there is anyone from Canada or the USA who are taking donations in the name of Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation in the next few days please contact KateP by personal message or get a hold of MikeFisher from these forums and they will be sure your donation gets directed to the Children in need.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right said, i pass by the airport even on my regular days several times a day and have no problem to do some extra rides, to airport or hotels doesn't matter.
you guys let me know where at what time to pick up something and i'll be there and deliver it to the location described by Kate. i have my daily business right where she works at the Punta Cana Club & Resort Marina. i am always mobile and within the Punta Cana area i will always get a additional vehicle to help.
will go on your PM WUD.
Mike

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
BTBCF Update

BTBCF Update

We have begun to direct tourist donations towards Mike Fisher who will get the items to KateP. The first was a lady and her daughter from Alberta who will contact Mike when she arrives in a few days.

Also the board has approved in principle a financial donation. I will provide a financial update to the board over the weekend and then an amount and a recipient will be decided upon. The possible issue of oversight is always present when donating in the DR so it might be prudent to make the donation to the International Red Cross as a directed donation to "Tropical Storm Noel" - any thoughts for us to include in our discussions.

Gregg
Secretary - Treasurer
BTBCF

Last edited: