Hurricane???

dietcokeplease

Nov 1, 2007
Does anyone know if Sosua/Cabarete is due to have a hurricane anytime soon? It's been looking like hurricane weather for a while now, and seeing as to where I live, (plus my windows are leaking) this is MUY IMPORTANTE information! Please tell me if you have any clue. :surprised
Muchas Gracias,
Dietcokeplease

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Does anyone know if Sosua/Cabarete is due to have a hurricane anytime soon? It's been looking like hurricane weather for a while now, and seeing as to where I live, (plus my windows are leaking) this is MUY IMPORTANTE information! Please tell me if you have any clue. :surprised
Muchas Gracias,
Dietcokeplease
For starters hurricane season just ended, and Sosua & Cabarete have not been hit by a hurricane in 100 years, if ever at all.

dietcokeplease

Nov 1, 2007
For starters hurricane season just ended, and Sosua & Cabarete have not been hit by a hurricane in 100 years, if ever at all.

Ummm...okay, thanks. Though I must disagree about the 100 years thing because there was a hurricane in Sosua last year.
Thank you,
Dietcokeplease

Mike Freeman

Jun 21, 2006
Actually Hurricane season in the US ends on 30 November and I think that is for the Atlantic Basin. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you recover from Noel. I hope Sosua wasn't damaged to bad.

dietcokeplease

Nov 1, 2007
Actually Hurricane season in the US ends on 30 November and I think that is for the Atlantic Basin. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you recover from Noel. I hope Sosua wasn't damaged to bad.

Ya, I must agree, I was pretty sure Hurricane season wasn't over, too. Sosua wasn't hit too bad, and not too much damage done. Thank you,
Dietcoke :cheeky:

Curt Erickson

DR1 Real Estate
Sep 11, 2007
Ummm...okay, thanks. Though I must disagree about the 100 years thing because there was a hurricane in Sosua last year.
Thank you,
Dietcokeplease
Sorry.
I thought it was Nov. 1 that it ended.
It's not something we pay that much attention to, as we never get hurricanes in Sosua.
And the Sosua hurricane that you remember from last year, was not a hurricane.
I presume that you are talking about a tropical storm that came through here, and had been previously, or became a hurricane after going through us, but it certainly was NOT a hurricane in Sosua.

Last edited:

Curt Erickson

DR1 Real Estate
Sep 11, 2007
Nothing that I have heard of.
It's always possible that someone's house got a bit flooded, but nothing critical.

dietcokeplease

Nov 1, 2007
Sorry.
I thought it was Nov. 1 that it ended.
It's not something we pay that much attention to, as we never get hurricanes in Sosua.
And the Sosua hurricane that you remember from last year, was not a hurricane.
I presume that you are talking about a tropical storm that came through here, and had been previously, or became a hurricane after going through us, but it certainly was NOT a hurricane in Sosua.

My mistake. *grins appologetically* Yes, I was talking about...oh nevermind. Ignore my ramblings. Thank you for your help.
Thanks,
Dietcoke :paranoid: