Chineese Food in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
I went there a couple of times with a few friends back in August.Great food give it a go.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
My husband and I have gone several times and the food was excellent. I especially enjoy their supersize egg rolls and wonton soup.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Food is good, we used to eat there regularly however since they have, like many other establishments, stopped giving a discount to local residents we do go less often.

Sligtly off topic but with many places no longer giving discount to residents it will be interesting to see how busy they are during the next low season. I already see a diference in the number of full tables at Baileys. Maybe the tourist season is enough for them and they are not concerned about the folks who keep them going in slow times. JMHO

Bob K

N

naturelover

wouldnt say Baileys is particularly expensive....the ones that give discounts to locals such as la roca are usually more expensive for the same type of food.The chinese in cabarete is possibly the least chinese looking restaurante ive seen anywhere iin the world.....where are the lanterns and lions.....lol

N

naturelover

errrrm i havent noticed a name its the opposite side of the road to century 21 and its painted red...surprise surprise lol

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Rest. Chino is the name, been there, food is always good and prices are good too.....egg roll is awesome

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Try the last dish on the menu. Chinese chicken, or some name like that. Very good.

Joanie

Oct 15, 2007
Rest. Chino???? lololol, of course, that's I always call every chinese restaurant, lololol

joanne

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Ive eaten there many,. many times. Food is definitely good - my favorites are the noodle dishes (they use the very thin noodles...The chicken with chinese mushrooms, and the Hot plate...on the back of the menu. They recently started charging the 16% itbis to locals and tourists...

BTW - They own an identical restaurant (well, the menu is identical) just off the malecon in Puerto Plata... they do have chinese lanterns there!

Aug 21, 2007
Is it on the main street in Cabarete? For the life of me, I don't think I have ever noticed a Chinese restaurant in Cabarete.

Lindsey

N

naturelover

it is in need ....actually its mostly painted yellow with a bit of red

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
It's on the South side of the main road between the Casa Laguna Hotel and El Patio/Banco Progreso.
The food is ok and fairly cheap and a great diversion to AI or whatever. I have eaten there a few times, but it all tastes the same to me, no matter what you order.

N

naturelover

i meant indeed not in need.......no wonder my posts go wrong.....by the way how many do i need to become gold

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
My wife and I have eaten there often. Very good food and certainly one of the best values in Cabarete, although the ambiance leave much to be desired.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Tom haven't seen you around the board in a while. Welcome back. When are you down here agian

Bob K

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
See you guys then, we miss you. We should be in the new place by then we hope.

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.