holiday in Bayahibe soon

rexytoes

Nov 2, 2007
Hello, could someone please tell what the damage is to the area of Bayahibe and the coast line, beaches, hotels etc after the latest storm (noel) as we are due to holiday there in 3 weeks time (23rdNov)
thanks mike & Maria.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
my friend near there said that there was not much of a problem in the eastern part of the island. He was back to work two days ago. Dont worry...things will be fine and hurricane season will be over when you are there!

dont worry...GO!!!

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Everything is normal the people I talked to today said as soon as the rain was gone everything was back to normal. Didn't see any physical damage at all except perhaps some scratches on some of the boats.

rexytoes

Nov 2, 2007
thank you

Everything is normal the people I talked to today said as soon as the rain was gone everything was back to normal. Didn't see any physical damage at all except perhaps some scratches on some of the boats.

many thanks, its always better to get the news first hand from someone who is right there in the region in question...
have you got any other useful tips you can give us to make our stay more enjoyable in the DR.
mike & Maria

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Do a boat trip to Isla Catalina and if you get a chance head up to Boca de Yuma on the east point of the island but then you need a car or a taxi. I found these slides on flickr have no idea who the photographer is but here they are. Have fun.