Hello... New to the Board

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Just want to say hello. Ive been reading this board for quite some time and have finally registered. Im from NY and visit the DR quite often. I thought about commenting on some topics and have a few questions myself but thought I would say Hello first. Thanks

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Well, hello to you too GeeDee. Am sure there are many here happy to answer any questions you have but right now most of them are asleep I guess!! Just wanted to make you feel welcome to DR1.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just want to say hello. Ive been reading this board for quite some time and have finally registered. Im from NY and visit the DR quite often. I thought about commenting on some topics and have a few questions myself but thought I would say Hello first. Thanks
Any particular part of the DR that you like best?
BTW: Welcome to DR1.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to the board GeeDee, and please do tell us your favorite and least favorite areas of the DR.
HB

dreams2sail

Nov 1, 2007
I'm new too. Both here, and newly in love with Dominican Republic! I'm looking forward to meeting more ppl with similar interests in these forums.

N

naturelover

what are your interests.....Im guessing boats or could it be windsurfing

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Nuestra Casa es tu Casa

Bienvenida Gee Dee to DR! la casa Of all things Dominicans i n the web. Here you will hopefully see all sides of every topic. I hope your input will help out need members an that those Gold members can help you out in your Dominican Quest. Bienvenidad. You have a new family in Santiago
Ortiz Lagos.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
A formal "Hola" to the DR1 board

Hi everybody,

After reading this thread, I felt kind of crappy that I never actually said hello to everyone when I joined the board a couple of months ago. I too had been lurking, but only for about two weeks before I finally posted something. I apologize for just jumping in like that. I have been living in the DR now for a little over one year, and I find DR1 to be a most valuable resource for information about all aspects of the island. You guys have also helped me a lot in terms of dealing with bouts of homesickness. Hopefully, one day I will actually meet some of you in person. Here's to a great evening to all of you.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Wow.. thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone in this community. I have visited the DR quite often most recently in July to Punta Cana for the first time. Stayed in an "AI" (i finally figured out was an AI was after about a month of reading) Parridissus Punta Cana. I was with my wife and we didnt leave the resort although she wanted to. She was born in the states but is of Dominican heritage and wanted to visit her family in La Romana. Maybe next time. Again... thanks for the warm welcome.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Welcome to all the newcomers - remember - don't take anyone here too seriously(incl myself) and it will be more enjoyable. Sometimes, unfortunately, forums can cause people to come across alot harder than they really are in real life. Case in point AZB, he goes at it with a lot of people on thease forums, incl myself, but is really a nice guy in person. :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to the kingdom of crazyness.
ask your questions, believe half of the answers and never take a gold member's answer too serious, most of'em lost their jobs(or never got some) so nothing else to do than answering all the daily posts, lol.
with those little basic rules in mind you will have a lot of fun here and gather all info you may need for your future trips.
but what a shame, you visit Punta Cana and did not step by the family around the corner in La Romana??
next time plan a trip within your stay.
Mike

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Hola again

Hi everybody, it's me again. Just wanted to say thanks for making me feel welcome here. I've already laughed my head off at some things (Beanie), while learning a lot about others. Now I look forward to logging on every day to see what's new and see if I myself can help someone as I've been helped. I'm addicted; have to have my daily fix.:cheeky: