Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation donations

We, at Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation are now in the position to have donations accepted in the Punta Cana area.

Because of the recent devastation and death caused in the Southwest part of the DR by Tropical Storm Noel, we are concentrating our efforts and asking our supporters to concentrate their efforts on items which will assist in these relief efforts.

If you are so inclined to give a cash donation I would direct you to the International Red Cross at:

Red Cross Red Crescent - Make a donation

If you would like to bring clothes (especially children's summer tee shirts, shorts, jeans, etc. from the Sally Ann Store or Value Village) or baby items like disposable diapers, baby foods, etc. we can arrange to have them picked up at your resort.

When in Punta Cana you may set up an appointment to meet Mikefisher of Mike's Marina Fishing Charters S.A. in the lobby of your resort and he will pick up your kind donations. He may be reached by e-mail at
HelpKids@MikesMarina.info or by phone at 809-729-5164

Please give hem a couple of days notice so he can be sure to set aside time to meet you or if he has a schedule conflict he will arrange for someone else to meet you.

Thanks for thinking of the kids!

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que chevere....

We, at Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation are now in the position to have donations accepted in the Punta Cana area.

Because of the recent devastation and death caused in the Southwest part of the DR by Tropical Storm Noel, we are concentrating our efforts and asking our supporters to concentrate their efforts on items which will assist in these relief efforts.

If you are so inclined to give a cash donation I would direct you to the International Red Cross at:

Red Cross Red Crescent - Make a donation

If you would like to bring clothes (especially children's summer tee shirts, shorts, jeans, etc. from the Sally Ann Store or Value Village) or baby items like disposable diapers, baby foods, etc. we can arrange to have them picked up at your resort.

When in Punta Cana you may set up an appointment to meet Mikefisher of Mike's Marina Fishing Charters S.A. in the lobby of your resort and he will pick up your kind donations. He may be reached by e-mail at

Please give hem a couple of days notice so he can be sure to set aside time to meet you or if he has a schedule conflict he will arrange for someone else to meet you.

Thanks for thinking of the kids!
May God strike me if I am lying....

I was thinking, a little while ago: "I wonder if Hlywud was given the go-ahead and will start the support thread I askedd about before I leave to Mexico"....

And then, STUPID ME, you started it a few days ago and I missed it!!.

Ok, here it goes.....

What if the person already sent a few donations BUUUUT wants to send clothes BUUUUT he/she lives in the US?.

Miguel:

If he or she lives in the USA and is going to Punta Cana send an email to

Right now we have no other pick up facilities setup in the south or east.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Olviddalo, entonces.....

Miguel:

If he or she lives in the USA and is going to Punta Cana send an email to

Right now we have no other pick up facilities setup in the south or east.
Well, the person is not going to Punta Cana so I guess it's a 'no go'.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Explicarme mejor....

Where is this person going inthe DR, you never did say.

We still may possibly be able to assist with donations.

The previous 2 posts have been removed, there is a misunderstanding of what transpired between all paties in this thread.
Ok, perhaps I need to explain myself better....

The person is not in the DR and will not be going to the DR any time soon and I was just wondering if there's a person from BTBCF, in the US, Canada or wherever, to whom he can send clothes (and then that person, from BTBCF, in turn, take it to the DR, if they have plans to go there). That's all.

Btw: It would be nice if you send that MikeFisher guy a PM telling him that you and I have never had a problem and that all I am doing to trying to help.

Although he did called me a pain in the axx, (which I am but not in this case) I, for some reason, didn't take offense to that, just when he said that I was attacking you.

Anyways, perhaps he lost his glasses and didn't know what he was reading, whahaha!!.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Ok, perhaps I need to explain myself better....

The person is not in the DR and will not be going to the DR any time soon and I was just wondering if there's a person from BTBCF, in the US, Canada or wherever, to whom he can send clothes (and then that person, from BTBCF, in turn, take it to the DR, if they have plans to go there). That's all.

Miguel,

My wife and I leave on Nov. 24th for Punta Cana and have lots of baggage capacity. If someone can get stuff to me before then I can mule it to the appropriate people for distribution.

Have them or you PM or e-mail me.

Gregg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Eso era lo que queria.....

Miguel,

My wife and I leave on Nov. 24th for Punta Cana and have lots of baggage capacity. If someone can get stuff to me before then I can mule it to the appropriate people for distribution.

Have them or you PM or e-mail me.

Gregg
First of all, sorry for my last post and for the the one deleted, which was directed at that MikeFisher guy for saying a bunch of nonsense to me, especially that I was attacking Hlywud on this thread (I still don't know how in hell he came up with that conclusion).

Anyways, thanks for the info and I will make sure to send you a box of clothes when I get back from my vacation....I will also send you the Ipod speakers I told you about.

Miguel

Thanks for the understanding, Mike now knows that you support us 100%.

Thanks to fireguy for stepping in to take donations, initially I was not certain of the situation. Now we know and it can be looked after.

Miguel, we appreciate your support.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que cheveron....

Miguel,

Gregg
Gregg: GREEEEAT!. BUUUT:

Be careful what you wish for, whahaha!.

I have a few things that I will be sending to you, as I said, when I get back.

The clothing items were used just once or twice (I hardly use casual clothing)and some items are brand new.

My son also wants to help and he will be sending me a few College T-shirts (he collects them) and other items and them I will send them to you.

I must say that the clothing will be for young adults.

I will be sending you some shirts, t-shirts, polo shirts, the speakers and a few pants a friend gave me to send to you.

I have to warn you that it will be a "NOT too small box". If you can't take them all at once, then I guess you can take them in the future.

If by any chance you decide to take the whole thing and get charged extra for it, PLEASE, don't hesitate to let me know and I will take care of any out-of-pocket expense.

Thanks.

And thank to you too, Hlywud.

I am out of here!!.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Be careful what you wish for, whahaha!...

I have to warn you that it will be a "NOT too small box"...

I am flying Air Canada Executive Class for a one week trip and...

the baggage allowance is three suitcases, no one suitcase to exceed 70 lb. with a total of the three to not exceed 150 lb. per person and there are two of us.

In addition I am allowed one carry on AND one personal item per person to a total of 22 lb. each for a grand total of 194 lb. per person or 388 lb. in total.

We are used to packing for charter flights where we where limited to 44 lb per person plus one carry-on bag of 10 lb for a total of 108 lb. for the two of us for a two week trip.

The difference between what we usually take; 108# and our current allowance of 388# is 280# - will you be shipping more than that? (LOL)

You know it's coming...

Thanks for thinking of the kids (and BIG kids)!!!

You're a star!

Gregg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Volo'......

I am flying Air Canada Executive Class for a one week trip and...

the baggage allowance is three suitcases, no one suitcase to exceed 70 lb. with a total of the three to not exceed 150 lb. per person and there are two of us.

In addition I am allowed one carry on AND one personal item per person to a total of 22 lb. each for a grand total of 194 lb. per person or 388 lb. in total.

We are used to packing for charter flights where we where limited to 44 lb per person plus one carry-on bag of 10 lb for a total of 108 lb. for the two of us for a two week trip.

The difference between what we usually take; 108# and our current allowance of 388# is 280# - will you be shipping more than that? (LOL)

You know it's coming...

Thanks for thinking of the kids (and BIG kids)!!!

You're a star!

Gregg
Ok, don't complain later, wahahahahaha!!.

Well, Gregg, I covered all the bases before I left and left the box with a friend and he was going to take it to the post office.

He did and the box was sent to you on Tuesday.

It's one of those "30 dozen eggs" box and there are a bunch of things there.

I told you.... "be careful what you wish for", whahaha!!.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
As long as it makes it here by next Friday, it will go with me on Saturday, if it is later than that it will go with me in April.

No problem amigo.

Gregg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Creo que si......

As long as it makes it here by next Friday, it will go with me on Saturday, if it is later than that it will go with me in April.

No problem amigo.

Gregg
We are not talking about the "Pony Express" here, you know, wahahahahaha!.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The Pony Express has arrived!

Miguel,

Your box arrived today and the contents will be in the DR on Saturday night, and shortly after that will be handed over to MikeFisher for KateP's collection for the southwest. It will join our donations which already fill a large suitcase so I may need a forklift to deliver them all next week.

Thanks again, good karma for you.

Gregg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que cheveron......

Miguel,

Your box arrived today and the contents will be in the DR on Saturday night, and shortly after that will be handed over to MikeFisher for KateP's collection for the southwest. It will join our donations which already fill a large suitcase so I may need a forklift to deliver them all next week.

Thanks again, good karma for you.

Gregg
Great.

I will post on the other thread about my next idea....AFTER I finish stuffing my mouth with turkey.

Have a good trip.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Turkey????????don't tell me i missed christmas again??Greg, what Forklift?, sound's like i have to rent a truck for our meeting.the trunk of my little Honda Racecar is full with the usual music equipment, but i have a very big backseat, lol.s'y' Monday afternoon.Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Mike, give me a call when you get the stuff since technically we've finished receiving donations. The Foundation is still receiving donations so we'll send it down in the next truck heading for SD. In the end we were able to send 2 trucks chock full to them as well as another truckload directly to San Jose de Ocoa's Rotary Club. I was actually happily surprised at how the whole country banded together to help out all the affected families. At least a good part of them will be able to have a pretty decent Christmas. Thanks for the help!!!