Inexpensive Party Supplies

Static

Sep 18, 2007
Good morning to all.
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask the following:
I'm coordinating a B-day Party for Nov 24/07 (husbands 53rd) and needed to get the best prices for the following:

Theme: Hawaiian or Tropical
- Rectangular Buffet table (aprox. 6ft?)
- fold up chairs (20)
- Patio torches (wicker basket type w/kerosene)
- Serving trays (prefer wood or rustic)
- Party Favorites (Hawaiian- tropical) to give out
- Vodka case (no particular brand)
- Tequila case
- Rum case
- Mixers (Margarita / Pinacolada ect)
- Beer
- Coal B-BQ grill (portable) to rent or buy
and other party supplies.

I would appreciate if anyone can recommend the best and cheapest places to get these items in Santo Domingo.

Have a great weekend.

Static

Sep 18, 2007
Okay, Okay, my question did not ignite controversy, or interest... I guess it's the supermarket for me. I was just hoping it was as convenient as in the states; Warehouse party centers, were all needs are met at a favorable price. (I'll be hitting the supermarket sales ads this week)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Try Dollarazo! (sp)

They'll have trays and party favours and some of the decor you are looking for.
I'm sure there is also a distributor somewhere for the booze! We go to the one in SPM when we're buying volume but I haven't a clue where there's one in SD. Maybe some of the people who live in the capital will chime in.....

cuas

May 29, 2006
When living there, people gets tables and chairs from the funerarias.
whenever there is a party there is where we go and rent the chairs and they deliver.
You can ask them where you can rent the other stuff. May they carry them too. good luck.

N

naturelover

from funneral parlours ? hmmmm and the table is like a very lonnnnng one

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Yes..where?? Cause for party stuff in Santo Domingo, you go to Plaza Naco: Kids Party and the other one (forget the name) on the first floor. Renting chairs, just look in the yellow pages under alquila. Your can rent them for the day they bring them to your house and pick them up the next day.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
How about the Ibarra (or Ybarra?) warehouse in Herrera for the party stuff?

Buying booze in bulk would have to be from one of the distributors - can't help there, sorry.

Static

Sep 18, 2007
Wow guys thanks for the input I had given up on a reply! I'm in SDQ in the area of Casique between Malecon and Independencia and the Italia and Churchill.
Again, thanks for the info and will get right on it as the date is just around the corner!
Have a great day to all.