last attempt at tennis in sosua

N

naturelover

this is my last attempt at finding anyone to play tennis with then the racquet goes into storeage.........i was hoping to find regular players for a foursome or some sort of group.
I have tried voramar and seahorse but without much success.
Hotel voramar even managed to have a tournament in september without telling anyone....

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Tennis

this is my last attempt at finding anyone to play tennis with then the racquet goes into storeage.........i was hoping to find regular players for a foursome or some sort of group.
I have tried voramar and seahorse but without much success.
Hotel voramar even managed to have a tournament in september without telling anyone....

Shucks, I sure wish I could take you up on the tennis. In years past, that was my favorite sport..... I even brought my racket here with me. But lately the old knees are saying "noooooooo wayyyyyyy".

N

naturelover

my knees have been a lot better since moving here......i started with arthritus when i was 24 fortunately it hasnt progressed as badly as i feared.
In fact this is the best ive felt for a while.
I recommend a hot sweaty climate for lubricating your joints and plenty of paddling in the sea....also keep everything moving or it goes stiff.........errrrm who mentioned threesomes

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Tennis

my knees have been a lot better since moving here......i started with arthritus when i was 24 fortunately it hasnt progressed as badly as i feared.
In fact this is the best ive felt for a while.
I recommend a hot sweaty climate for lubricating your joints and plenty of paddling in the sea....also keep everything moving or it goes stiff.........errrrm who mentioned threesomes

My knees have been just the opposite; gotten worse since moving here. I thought it was the humidity. Who knows. But thanks for the advice about keeping everything moving. I was actually doing some walking at first but they seemed to hurt more. Now I just take it easy and take meds, but only when absolutely necessary. It's arthritis as well. It's hereditary from my Dad. I even had them evaluated and x-rayed over at Centro Medico Bour... in Puerto Plata to make sure it was still just ole' "arthur". Actually today, I went out on my bike for a litle bit to see how that would feel. Jury is still out. Boy do I miss tennis!:bunny:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My knees have been just the opposite; gotten worse since moving here. I thought it was the humidity. Who knows. But thanks for the advice about keeping everything moving. I was actually doing some walking at first but they seemed to hurt more. Now I just take it easy and take meds, but only when absolutely necessary. It's arthritis as well. It's hereditary from my Dad. I even had them evaluated and x-rayed over at Centro Medico Bour... in Puerto Plata to make sure it was still just ole' "arthur". Actually today, I went out on my bike for a litle bit to see how that would feel. Jury is still out. Boy do I miss tennis!:bunny:
That's so unusual that your arthritis would be worse here.
I can't tell you how many people with arthritis I know who are so relieved when visiting or if they move here.
Never heard of it getting worse. Never.
I wonder if there's another factor.
Do you go into the ocean a lot?

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Knees

That's so unusual that your arthritis would be worse here.
I can't tell you how many people with arthritis I know who are so relieved when visiting or if they move here.
Never heard of it getting worse. Never.
I wonder if there's another factor.
Do you go into the ocean a lot?

Actually, no I don't Rocky. Not as often as I'd like to anyway. I don't live near any beaches (other than those accessed via the resorts) and I don't always have the car (remember I told you we have to share it?) to take off for a beach day, and moto-conchos, etc. just aren't an option with me. I get there about once a month and truly value that time. Occasionally I do get a day pass at a resort just to use the beach but I don't like to wear out that privilege. But you're both right. I'm sure the saltwater would do wonders for me and I intend to try to go more often. It is kind of strange that my knees would be worse when everybody else has the opposite reaction. Maybe there IS an unknown factor lurking. Hope not but I may need to check it out further. Thanks for the advice.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm sure the saltwater would do wonders for me and I intend to try to go more often. It is kind of strange that my knees would be worse when everybody else has the opposite reaction. Maybe there IS an unknown factor lurking. Hope not but I may need to check it out further. Thanks for the advice.
I think that not going to the ocean frequently is the special factor here.
Certainly the tourists who come here with arthritis, go swimming in the ocean everyday, and are telling me within days, how much better they feel, and I expect that those who live here and have arthritis, know that they should go frequently and do so.
I understand that your circumstances might not allow for it as frequently as others, but you could make an effort to go every time you do have the opportunity.
I bet that you'll start getting better, if you do.

N

naturelover

some foods make it worse.......i found i was intolerant to some foods bread and milk i noticed an improvement cutting these out, but i still have bad toes( you dont want to see them)....i beleive tomatoes are bad for some people ...

N

naturelover

apple cider vinigar is supposed to help....and also gets rid of parasites according to Rocoto (see i do listen...sometimes)

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Tennis..... knees

Yep I'm sure you're 100 percent correct Rocky. That is probably the missing factor.... not getting to the beach often enough. I'll work on changing that.

To naturelover: really????? tomatoes. That's one of my loves.... besides bread! I think it's time for some experimentation with taking away certain foods for a while and see what happens. Let's not even start talking about toes (lol). :paranoid:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yep I'm sure you're 100 percent correct Rocky. That is probably the missing factor.... not getting to the beach often enough. I'll work on changing that.

To naturelover: really????? tomatoes. That's one of my loves.... besides bread! I think it's time for some experimentation with taking away certain foods for a while and see what happens. Let's not even start talking about toes (lol). :paranoid:
My nephew has all but cured his arthritis with diet.
It took him many years to work it out, trial & error, etc, but it did the trick.
foods that affect rheumatoid arthritis

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It was suggested to me 15 years ago to have a hip replacement for osteoarthritis. So I didn't, but I moved to DR, went on glucosamine sulphate (a natural product) taking about four times the daily recommended dosage & have a weekly spine & hip adjustment. Last time I got checked in UK they felt I might need the op. one day, but not yet. I never go the beach any more, btw, &, sorry, haven't played tennis since schooldays.

Remember, I'm talking about osteoarthritis which is totally different from rheumatoid arthritis.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Tennis.... knees

It was suggested to me 15 years ago to have a hip replacement for osteoarthritis. So I didn't, but I moved to DR, went on glucosamine sulphate (a natural product) taking about four times the daily recommended dosage & have a weekly spine & hip adjustment. Last time I got checked in UK they felt I might need the op. one day, but not yet. I never go the beach any more, btw, &, sorry, haven't played tennis since schooldays.

Remember, I'm talking about osteoarthritis which is totally different from rheumatoid arthritis.

That's what I've been told I have, osteoarthritis. I'm also taking glucosamine daily; just started about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I should take more than the recommended dosage too (although it's expensive). Back in the U.S. I used to go to a chiropractor regularly. (Not for my knees, but for my back, etc.)
Yep, this thread is degenerating.... opps, or was that disintegrating? (lol)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
That's what I've been told I have, osteoarthritis. I'm also taking glucosamine daily; just started about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I should take more than the recommended dosage too (although it's expensive). Back in the U.S. I used to go to a chiropractor regularly. (Not for my knees, but for my back, etc.)

The recommended glucosamine is 1500 mg a day, most studies included 1200mg of chondroitin. The effect usually takes 5 weeks and one should take it for life. Adding msm and fish oils help. This site has a sale and has great prices in November. Getting the stuff to the DR is another story. Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate & Powder

hope it helps your game!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

I'd recommend the powder version (much cheaper straight from manufacturers) - I'm a lousy pill taker in any case. Taste not a problem because it dissolves in fruit juice. I've been on it about 12 years & swear by it. I bring a 2/3 year supply in from UK each visit and even though it is a white powder Customs know what it is, because glucosamine sulphate is quite common in DR health stores, so there are no issues with importing. We even give it to our dog for her arthritis :) .

Let us know the results of your first tennis match with naturelover.