Visiting Cuba

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Once one is established in DR, are there restrictions on visiting Cuba?
Thanks.
Denis
If you are American, whatever restrictions there are, still apply, but that doesn't mean that Americans don't go frequently.
The Cubans know to not put any Cuban stamps in American passports.
It could be something as basic as a small star or something similar.
As best as I know, all flights to Cuba are out of SDQ, but there might be some from other airports that I don't know about.

Shovelhead Denis

Nov 3, 2007
Rocky

Thanks for the reply...................I am Canadian, not worried about the US, was just wondering what restrictions, if any the DR had on a DR passport.
Of course the Canadian passport is not a problem in Cuba.

Wondering, anyone have a place to rent for a year in DR? Less than a year is fine as well.

Thanks
Denis

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the reply...................I am Canadian, not worried about the US, was just wondering what restrictions, if any the DR had on a DR passport.
Of course the Canadian passport is not a problem in Cuba.

Wondering, anyone have a place to rent for a year in DR? Less than a year is fine as well.

Thanks
Denis
There are no restrictions, but if you intend on going there and finding your own lodging, DO NOT tell them that at immigration.
Those commies like to know where everybody is, so you have to have a hotel name in hand, to say you're going there, maybe even take a cab, as if you are going there.
After that, no problem.
If you need some hotel names in the big cities like Santiago or Havana, let me know.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006

i guess he meant Cuba or did he mean the DR for a year ?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
No, try Las Terranas as I said. The domain name was already taken with the correct spelling so i modified because you will see LT spelled both ways and i know its actually with an "e". I get plenty of hits on my website with LT spelled with and "a". For all you sharks swimming around DR1 message boards waiting for someone to make a mistake, chill out.
Aw geez.
Now you've gone and done it.
It may be wise to not even reply to what I'm going to say, as I warn you ahead of time, it's not going to be nice, but it will be true, and it may be best that you digest it a bit, before taking a second shot.

1) Chiri was doing you a favour, helping you out.
Newbies commonly make mistakes with spelling and a variety of other things.
Sometimes they get hit on the head while learning, other times it gets done gently, as Chiri did.
Chiri happens to be a HIGHLY respected member of our community and a well accomplished person.
Do a bit of research, and you may regret telling her to chill out.

2) You will not see Las Terrenas spelled both ways, as you so put it.
It could happen, on some rare occasion, but it is not in the least bit common, as your statement insinuates.

3) If you knew you were misspelling Las Terenas for the domain, why do you also misspell it on the website?
These newly constructed private villas are situated in Las Terranas Dominican Republic

4) You could have used,
http://www.lasterrenasvillas.net/

Last edited by a moderator: