Gas Saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Saw this in the news today about a guy in the Dominican Republic that claims to have invented a gas regulator for automobiles that saves up to 35% of gasoline and up to 20% on diesel. His name is Carlos Almonte and calls the regulator Control Moderado Permanente de Combustible (CMPC). A test run was done from Santo Domingo to Santiago and the gas consumed was half the normal usage. Has anybody checked this out yet?:surprised

See video. In Spanish.
Autos bien econ?micos

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Saw this in the news today about a guy in the Dominican Republic that claims to have invented a gas regulator for automobiles that saves up to 35% of gasoline and up to 20% on diesel. His name is Carlos Almonte and calls the regulator Control Moderado Permanente de Combustible (CMPC). A test run was done from Santo Domingo to Santiago and the gas consumed was half the normal usage. Has anybody checked this out yet?:surprised

See video. In Spanish.
Autos bien econ?micos
The link does not take you to the clip you wanted to show.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

See video. In Spanish.
Autos bien econ?micos

I wouldn't be surprised to find out if the regulator simply cuts off the gas when the motor is decelerating to a certain minimum rpm. The reason I assume this is because most cars anymore use fuel injection, which are highly engineered and designed by scientists using the latest computer modeling - ie there really isn't a whole lot left to "discovering" new ways to get mileage out of gas.

Feb 7, 2007
Interesting that we have two first time posters, both registered in June 2010, endorsing this product. Smells fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.