Zona Colonial to Juan Dolio

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Can anyone help me with the best way to travel by bus from the Zona Colonial (Palacio) to Juan Dolio (Barcelo Talanquera)? I have taken the express bus from Parque Enriquillo to Boca Chica a few times but I'm pretty sure it doesn't continue on to Juan Dolio. Do I need to go to the bus station at Andres? I will also have to do the same trip in reverse when I return to the capital. Thanks in advance for any help.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
same bus. Get to Metro for Juan Dolio in Parque Enriquillo. Bus goes straight past Boca Chica and on to Juan Dolio. The same in reverse.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Stops in Juan Dolio

Thank you for the reply Matilda. The bus you mention is it operated by the company "Metro" ? The bus I took in the past was a regular size guagua not the big ones I've seen with the Metro logo on the side. Do you know if it stops anywhere near the Barcelo Talenquera? If not how close is the stop? I know the express busses are limited where they will let people off. Unfortunatly I will be lugging a suitcase with me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
No it's a regular guagua. Ask to get off at Metro Juan Dolio and from there a motoconcho can take you to Talanquera or ask for Talanquera and they will stop at the entrance on the motorway but it is a bit of a walk from the entrance to reception - fine if you don't have much luggage, or maybe the guy on the motorway entrance can help you. Motoconchos have a way of carrying lots of luggage!!! Have fun at Talanquera!

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thanks

Thanks Matilda. It looks like I'll do exactly as you said and get off at Metro Juan Dolio and then take a motoconcho to the front door of Talanquera. On this trip I plan to be hopping around from the capital to Juan Dolio then possibly to Jarabacoa and then out to Palenque for a few days. To do this much traveling by bus it will make my life a lot easier if I only have one small/medium bag to lug around. I was able to do it with a small bag in my mis-spent youth so we'll see how age has effected my ability to do without a lot of "stuff". I will have another suitcase of school supplies to donate and gifts for the family but I will shed that as soon as I get to the capital. In the four or five years I've been comming to the DR this will be the first time I set foot inside a resort. It's only for a few days so if the "animation follies" gets to be too much I'm sure I can find a local spot to chill. The information about Juan Dolio that I find on this message board from yourself and others makes me feel comfortable as to what I will find around town. Thank you for all your help.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If you need any more help or if you want to meet when you are here just pm me

Matilda