Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is the water safe?

Guys
    I was in my Grandmothers house today in Las Colinas ,Santiago and I notice that the water from COORASAN was not clear and had a bad odor to it. Is it biological safe to consume?
    We are using Cascada now in my house but will like to know in general since the Noel issue.
    PS: there appears to be a water shortage I have 4 days with out water in my house. Had to buy a 1500gl truck.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion would be NO!

About the only ones drinking the public water in the DR are those born and raised here. In the states when a water main breaks they issue a warning to boil the water for the next couple days, here in the DR, broken water mains are a common everyday thing.

Some people even run their water pipes next to (Along side) the sewage pipes when they hook them up. Using PVC and bad connections, not very safe conditions!

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta go with Dan on this one. There are many areas of Santiago that have serious problems with water.
    We are quite fortunate here in the Jardines.
    Do boil the water.

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Boil the water or purify it with cloro or the product Purrissima that is sold in the DR in any case, but especially if you are buying water. They pump that water out of rivers, maybe even out from under cows and horses that are in the river and peeing in it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We are in Gurabo and even though the water looks ok, we would never drink it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a good reason you see so many people buying the 5 gallon jugs of water all over the DR. The same reason as in Miami and most of the US and Europe.

Don't drink the water.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

.... and keep your water reservoir (comonly called "Tinaco" here) well clorinated.

... J-D.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    There is a good reason you see so many people buying the 5 gallon jugs of water all over the DR. The same reason as in Miami and most of the US and Europe.

Don't drink the water.
    Actually, in the US it is quite rare to not have potable water. While people may buy bottled water thinking that it is cleaner, in fact some bottled water has been found to be inferior to the quality of tap water. We have many strict regulations governing water lines in the US.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Actually, in the US it is quite rare to not have potable water. While people may buy bottled water thinking that it is cleaner, in fact some bottled water has been found to be inferior to the quality of tap water. We have many strict regulations governing water lines in the US.
    I know you cannot drink the water in Miami. I did spend some time there.

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Water with a Taste

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    .... The same reason as in Miami and most of the US and Europe.
    Nobody in Germany, Austria ans Switzerland needs to buy drinking water in bottles. There tapwater = drinking water.
    (BTW, Germany has one of the strictest water laws worldwide.)

In the aftermath of 'Noel' the local water authority was recommended by foreign experts to shut down its 'drinking water' system for the 'capital' for some time as corpses and dead animals would pollute the rivers used for the drinking water supply.
    The president rejected this proposal.

DominicanosHoy.com, Tu periódico Digital

Janin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast