Shuttle bus Santo Domingo To Punta Cana

Lionslayer

Nov 9, 2007
We are flying into Santa Domingo airport and have to take a bus provided by our travel agents to Bavaro Beach.
Have any of you had this exeriance and could you share? The bus does'nt pull out of the airport untill around 8 830 pm.
Thanks

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
depending on the resort you will stay here in PUJ your transfer will take somewhere between 3-4hrs.
you mentioned the bus is provided by your touragency and starts at the airport 8PM, you did not mention your arrival time. do you have to wait many hrs there??
i usually would recommend to take the bus provided by your agency.
Mike

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
personaly it sounds like a horrible way to start and end your vacation. 3-4 hrs on a bus AFTER you have already flown how many hours????

I would contact your travel agency and find a better deal. If you want to stay in P.C. there is an airport THERE!!! Even if you have to pay a little bit more to change your plans...in the long run i think it would be worth it

just my dos pesos.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
your dos pesos are absolutely right, but you always get what you book/pay for, flights to st dgo are often offered cheaper but of course waist you 2x half days of vacation. on the other side a lot of visitors to punta cana spend a whole very long day on the santo domingo city tour to do exactly that tourney, but in a bus together with an oher 50 passengers, so if that plane arrives early morning i would say take it as a private tour and do it with Da Silva transportations, otherwise i would also prefer to fly to PUJ airport, the transport fom there to the hotels is long enough.
Mike

Lionslayer

Nov 9, 2007
Bus trip

Thanks for your replies. I blew it as far as getting us to Punta Cana,oh well we will just take it as part of our adventure.
We arrive in Santo Domingo at 8 pm and are told we will check into the hotel at 1130 pm. Not a big deal, it will be an opportunity to meet some of the others in our group. The trip back from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo leaves in the late afternoon so we will get to check out the countryside while it's still daylight.
I was just worried that there may be some grief checking in the hotel at that late hour,but I'm sure the travel rep will be on it and we will find our beds OK.
Thanks again
Mark

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
don't worry about the late check in,the staff is used to it and will handle your check in the same friendly way they always do.
in your case with the late arrival the transfer bus provided by your agency is the best deal
have a pleasant stay
Mike