Buy a Hotel Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebottle

Nov 10, 2007
Hi,

Assuming the purchase of one of the those small Hotels that are always up for sale.

Say 10 to 15 beds - maybe a couple with self catering.

Assuming no loans - outright purchase etc.

Assuming the purchaser has operated a few successful non-hotel businesses.

Is there sufficent business to survive in Sosua??

Asuming input of sufficient 'energy' - contacts with small travel companies - good WEB site etc.

Not looking to make a fortune - but survive reasonably.

I am aware of the AI Hotels - have used a couple to see what gives.

I am aware that Cabarete is supposed to be the 'IN' place - but of course you maybe pay double there for a property.

I have an idea of how the property market operates - similar to Spain everything for sale - so have to buy at 'realistic' price or don't buy anything.

So as with everything in life - 'you pays yer money - you takes yer choice'!! :ermm:

Be interested to hear any thoughts/comments - abbrasive or otherwise.

Rgds to DR

Bluebottle.

Last edited:

Curt Erickson

DR1 Real Estate
Sep 11, 2007
Agreed. Do your homework, know your audience and execute? the work begins when the doors open. So many businesses think the money will flow through the doors and they are not prepared for the long haul.

curt@dr1.com

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Agreed. Do your homework, know your audience and execute? the work begins when the doors open. So many businesses think the money will flow through the doors and they are not prepared for the long haul.

curt@dr1.com
Couldn't agree more.
Are there hotels, such as the OP describes in the Sosua area, that are for sale?
I know that everything's for sale, in a manner of speaking, for the right price, but are there actual listings?

Bluebottle

Nov 10, 2007
If this is the question, then the answer is yes.

Yup that was the question. Thnxs for reply.

We visited out of season - so figured why very quiet but have checked out stats on tourists visiting etc.

Only way to get right price is to ask (make an offer) then sit .............. & sit. ;=))

Sooner or later you maybe get the one you want.

Bit like when I was dating - but that was a hell of a long time ago. ;=))

Thanks for input - any more welcome.

Last edited:

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I visit Sosua several times a year and there are a few hotels which are always booked and you cant even get a room and plenty of others where you can get a room by just walking in.

Price, location, and the types of customers the hotel allows definitely seem to indicate
the occupancy from what I see as a customer.

N

naturelover

1113.jpg
thsi one looks better when you view it ..central location i think the price has gone up since i viewed it...its nearish to Harrisons the jewellers

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1113.jpg
thsi one looks better when you view it ..central location i think the price has gone up since i viewed it...its nearish to Harrisons the jewellers
That's not an actual hotel.
The fellow who owns that house, modified it and rents rooms, and it's not really close to Harissons, it's in Villas Ana Maria.

N

naturelover

its on the road opposite villa flor innit,,,,,,,,,,its owned or run by a german

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't know if present owner is the original owner, but whoever has it has done some work on it in the past couple of years. And now the pool is filled, after sitting dry for a very long time.

N

naturelover

oh well it looks like Im right for once .......lol since i have met him when i looked at the property

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
oh well it looks like Im right for once .......lol since i have met him when i looked at the property
You're going to have to learn how to use the quote feature, as we are not mind readers, and it becomes difficult to guess what people are referring too, when they don't quote.
Anyhow, which part are you talking about, that he is German?
If so, then the original owner may have sold it recently.
His name escapes me right now, but he always drove around town on a big scooter, like a 250, I believe, and he had been here for a long long time, before '91 at least, which was when I first met him.

Bluebottle

Nov 10, 2007
Why?

I visit Sosua several times a year and there are a few hotels which are always booked and you cant even get a room and plenty of others where you can get a room by just walking in.

Price, location, and the types of customers the hotel allows definitely seem to indicate
the occupancy from what I see as a customer.

Hi,

Sorry been away for few days.

Thnxs for comment.

Can you suggest why those Hotels that are full are full?

Location - Price - Cleanliness - Attitude etc etc.

We are serious in our questions - may be over shortly.

Thnxs Bluebottle

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi,

Sorry been away for few days.

Thnxs for comment.

Can you suggest why those Hotels that are full are full?

Location - Price - Cleanliness - Attitude etc etc.

We are serious in our questions - may be over shortly.

Thnxs Bluebottle
They may have some common reasons, but most of them are unique.
If there is one particular hotel that is constantly full that interests you, we might suggest reasons as to why it's that occupied, and some of those suggestions might turn out to be accurate, but others might also be way off base.
At this point, you might do better contacting the North coast DR1 real estate rep for the info you require.
We could have the best of intentions with our replies, and some may turn out to be helpful, but some could also lead you astray.

curt@dr1.com
http://www.dr1.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=42500
http://www.dr1.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=42500

Bluebottle

Nov 10, 2007
They may have some common reasons, but most of them are unique.
If there is one particular hotel that is constantly full that interests you, we might suggest reasons as to why it's that occupied, and some of those suggestions might turn out to be accurate, but others might also be way off base.
At this point, you might do better contacting the North coast DR1 real estate rep for the info you require.
We could have the best of intentions with our replies, and some may turn out to be helpful, but some could also lead you astray.

curt@dr1.com
http://www.dr1.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=42500
http://www.dr1.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=42500

Hi Rocky,

Thnxs all for your input - interesting and helpful.

Comments always usful - I listen to what anyone has to say but that is as far as it goes.

Not into blaming others for any mistakes I might make.

Would just be interesting to have heard comments on why certain Hotels are full - some empty.

Obviously no names etc - just concepts.

I am aware that some places cater for the exotique.

Ref using Agencies - for me in general that is a no no.

I would however make sure that I use a good legal guy.

As and when I have the need I figure that would in all probability be a Mr Guzman

Best Rgds Bluebottle

Status
Not open for further replies.