hospitality, pr, hr management-in dr

desmil

Oct 11, 2007
Hello All

Can anyone guide me on which route to take on getting a hotel/resort management/supervisory, public relations or human resources position in the dr? I am an American with a master's degree and supervisory experience, but my degree is not in hospitality. I can also speak and understand a fair amount of spanish. I've heard about firms that do job placement with cruise lines and I'm open to that option as well(not working on the ship however). I just don't know where to start, since I am not currently in dr. I'm looking at relocating in the punta cana-bavaro area. Any and all helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Hello All

Can anyone guide me on which route to take on getting a hotel/resort management/supervisory, public relations or human resources position in the dr? I am an American with a master's degree and supervisory experience, but my degree is not in hospitality. I can also speak and understand a fair amount of spanish. I've heard about firms that do job placement with cruise lines and I'm open to that option as well(not working on the ship however). I just don't know where to start, since I am not currently in dr. I'm looking at relocating in the punta cana-bavaro area. Any and all helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Speaking from experience the best way to get a job here is to be present in the country. You could start already by putting your resume on Aldaba - Empleo, Formaci?n y Vivienda
Good luck

desmil

Oct 11, 2007
thanks-if i visit before relocating where should i go?--i didn't want to wonder from hotel to hotel--but i could if that's how its done--

also do u know anything about the pay?

desmil

Oct 11, 2007
thank u to frank

saw a lot of postings which as you probably already know--require you to already be a resident of dr--however I don't feel as lost and have a great starting point

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
thanks-if i visit before relocating where should i go?--i didn't want to wonder from hotel to hotel--but i could if that's how its done--

also do u know anything about the pay?

The North, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and then South Boca Chica, Juan Dolio where I'm at and also the Sout East, Bavaro, La Romana, Bayahibe, Cap Cana.
It all depends where you wanna be.
The pay is something you have to negotiate but you mostl likely won't receive the same as in the States.

L

LarrySpencer

And Frank.....don't forget to direct them over here to the call centers in Santo Domingo!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I can't help but ask why you want to relocate here? It sounds like you know so very little about the country or what you will be getting yourself into!

Start doing some searches. Other threads have covered average earnings.

As to Human Resources - you can forget that one entirely. The system here is SOOOOOOOOOOOO different and complex, without experience you would not be hired.

Without the degree in hospitality - it may in fact be useless to you in seeking work in that field. And without experience in hospitality - it would be very tough.

What is your degree in? What is your experience in?