All Star Game

tiger02

Oct 8, 2006
Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a trip to Santo Domingo from NYC for the weekend of December 7th to catch the Licey - Aguilas game and then the all star game on Sunday. Only problem is that I can't find any info whatsoever about the ASG, other than that it's on Sunday. Can anyone local help me out? When and where is basically what I need.

Actually while I'm on the subject, what's the best way to score tickets? Will there be any available the day of the game at the box office for big games?

Thanks!
Tom

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most probably in Santo Domingo, although I could not find out this morning just where it is going to be played!

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now that is a first!! All stars from Puerto Rico??? I didn't think that they w ere even playing baseball there this year. Humm, maybe I need to read more sports pages??

Usually it is the Interior against the Capitol...

Luis

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hi all,
Actually while I'm on the subject, what's the best way to score tickets? Will there be any available the day of the game at the box office for big games?

Thanks!
Tom

The box office opens around 10am. It is about a 250 pesos taxi ride each way to the stadium (zona colonial area). Prepare to wait about 5-30 minutes to purchase the tickets. The wait time depends on if the outside box office is open or you have to go in the main building to purchase the tickets.

For the big games if you arrive early enough there are always the scalpers. It was also mentioned in another thread you can purchase tickets from Mercado National. I can't help you much with either as I have never purchased tickets that way.

A Sunday game of Licey vs. Cibao is a "big game". Expect a large crowd and a really nice time.

On Nov. 2 and 3 I went to a 7:30pm game. A very small crowd. I could have had a choice of darn near any seat in the house at game time. Sunday Nov. 4 I went to a Licey vs. Cibao game and it was almost a sell out. The large crowd, the rivalry made for a great game. Just exciting!

Baseball Schedule
.: Liga Dominicana de Beisbol Profesional :.