looking for an apt for rent...one month

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ok...so i am going to jump and and looking to spend a whole month in S.D.

So...i am looking for a decent apt/studio for rent with kitchen etc for one month. Most likely next week around the 15th of nov till the 15 of dec.

dont gotta be fancy...just secure and safe for a middle aged gringo....and of course kitchen.

I am lookin to pay around 500 usd...let me know if you all have any ideas and suggestions.

thanks

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
Try Santo Domingo Hotel Caraibi Caribbean Caribe Rooms Stanze Habitaciones Recamaras. Ask for Giacomo (owner, Italian). Excellent location (La Julia, next to university, Hippo's house is close by). Room 307 is 1 1/2 with full master bedroom w/ large bathroom, extra bed in living room, complete kitchen, a/c and cable. Rates for full month aprox. 23,000 pesos. I have stayed at Hilton, Jaragua, et cet., but this place is the only place I stay in the capitol.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks GG. i gotta couple weeks. If i do a whole month i really want to do things right. Head up north to sosua, check out the mountains...and most definitely beisbol!

This will be my tenth trip to the D.R. and i want it to be more than just the beach, snorkeling and brugal. (tho i DO want those things too lol).

Perhaps i can even make it to Rockies for Turkey Day!

I was thinking i should stay in zona colonial tho....i just already know the area pretty well. but i am interested in the place you meantioned.

any other suggestions?????

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Try calling Alejandro Quirico (809) 858-9474. Owns a nice building in the Colonial Zone on the corner of Arzobispo Nouel and Duarte. He rents out mainly to foreigners for any amount of time. Should be in your price range as well. Good luck.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Trata esto......

thanks GG. i gotta couple weeks. If i do a whole month i really want to do things right. Head up north to sosua, check out the mountains...and most definitely beisbol!

This will be my tenth trip to the D.R. and i want it to be more than just the beach, snorkeling and brugal. (tho i DO want those things too lol).

Perhaps i can even make it to Rockies for Turkey Day!

I was thinking i should stay in zona colonial tho....i just already know the area pretty well. but i am interested in the place you meantioned.

any other suggestions?????
Why don't you send Jan a PM and ask her.....She knows a thing or two about Zona Colonial.

If she can't help you, send me a PM and I will send you a contact number and you can call my friend to see if his Real Estate agency has anything available.

Try Jan first, though.