The Kids

antoniusbl

Oct 27, 2007
Miami, Florida, United States
I am petitioning for my two stepkids (8 and 5 years old) and I would like to know if they need to attend the interview on Nov 30. The blue sheet they sent to my wife states that if they are on the same case then they do not need to attend the interview.

The case number that the consulate assigned to them is the same as my wifes but I filed seperate petitions for them and the NVC has sent me letters for these petitions that they are CR2 status (that was almost a year ago and they are probably eligible for IR2 now that my wife and I have been married over two years). I am guessing that they will need to attend the interview because of this.

Also, do the children need to have the letter from the father graniting them permission to leave the country as part of the visa approval process? My understanding is that this is something that the airlines require for minors with Dominican passports leaving the country but had nothing to do with US immigration procedure.

Finally, at least one of the three forms (DS-230, DS-156 and I-864) asked for the date that the children will be leaving. At the time we were leaning towards bringing the kids and I stated that they would all be leaving in December.

Since then, we have decided that we will bring them along a few months later. I am going to bring along a second set of forms with the updated information. I am just hoping that this does not create any problems at the interview.

Thanks in advance for the help.