a question... if you are born in dominican republic do you hold a passport?

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
I know it might sound like a stupid question...but lets say, a person is BORN republica dominicana, does that mean that they have a passport?

if 2 friends of mine want to visit, with no sponsorship from me, just by buying a normal ticket for a simple vacation of 1 or 2 weeks, to canada, i know that it still requiers a tourist visa, but it also requires a passport...so there goes my question to:
if a person is born in the dominican, is it possible that he or she doesnt have a passort...?
if so, where do they apply? same as us canadians or...??
does any one know pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
thank you in advance :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No, not all Dominicans have a passport just as not everyone in Canada has a passport.

Dominicans need a visitor visa to visit Canada and Canada doesn't issue too many of them. A Dominican needs to apply at the Canadian consulate in SD and have lots of proof that they have strong ties to the DR and convince immigration that they will return to the DR when the visa expires.

Here's where you will find the info Dominican Republic :: Home :: Discover Canada :: Visas and Immigration

And here is the info for a Dominican passport :: Direcci?n General de Pasaportes ::** Moderniz?ndose con el pa?s!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's 1,238.00 pesos and if the US rate is at 32 pesos it would be a little less than 40 US bucks.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
very unlikely they will not be able to obtain a visa without an invitation, and even with an invitation they will have to be able to convince canadian immigration that their life in the DR would be better than that in canada.....

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
They have to apply and pay for a passport just as we do in Canada. The passport is easy to get. The visitors visa is impossble. They need to own property or have a very high paying job or high ranking position. They need absolute proof that they will return to the DR. They also need to have proof of a lot of money in the bank. Most Dominican will never achieve this.