Gift Suggestion

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hi

I am looking for a gif t suggestion for a friend of my husband that is being very helpful to us. She is a 20 year old gir and she is very strict evangelico. I know they are not allowed to wear fancy clothes or jewellery. What about perfume?

Thanks

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
A small gb mp3 player so she can play her Christian songs;)

Something like the nano.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
shoes, can't go wrong with shoes, my dominican wife and i have been together for 17 years, when family asks for something from the US shoes is always at or near the top of the list. a good way to gift them, without looking like you are trying to buy friendship or impress, would be to simply say that "these are too big - small for me would you like them?"....................some people have trouble receiving gifts, i know you mean well, but some people think there is a hidden meaning in everything and i know people who have gave a gift and next week the recipient is asking for a new TV.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
A good book is a gift that will last a lifetime. There is a great Christian book called "The purpose driven life", it has been on the Christian books best sellers list for a few years, and very inspirational. You can order it online, and they do have copies in Spanish available.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
An angel figurine or nativity scene are my suggestions if it is a CXhristmas gift.

LEVITICUS
CHAPTER 19:4
? Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.

Evangelicals tend to be bible literalist .....maybe not such a good idea.:cheeky:

Last edited:
N

naturelover

dont buy her anything thanks would be enough she might feel obliged to buy you a gift in return

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Thanks to all who answered.

I will call her sister to se what size bible she uses as I am in Canada and will purchase it from here.