Bringing Dog

holita

Jun 6, 2006
So, I am finially bringing my dog in January to live with me. I just wanted to see if anyone had brought a dog at luggage in the past few months, to see if anything has changed regarding the requirements.

I plan to:

1. Get a vet certificate
2. Bring it to the State Vet to get signed
3. Show up at the airport with copes of everything
4. Put copies and my name and number on gthe kennel

Anything else?

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
So, I am finially bringing my dog in January to live with me. I just wanted to see if anyone had brought a dog at luggage in the past few months, to see if anything has changed regarding the requirements.

I plan to:

1. Get a vet certificate
2. Bring it to the State Vet to get signed
3. Show up at the airport with copes of everything
4. Put copies and my name and number on gthe kennel

Anything else?

Put copies of all the documents in an envolope and stick them to the crate

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Put a copy of the papers in with the crate and keep the originals with you. Also you need to make sure that the dog's rabies shot is less then one year and over 30 days since given. We had a three year vaccination done and they would not accept it here. We ended up delaying our trip by weeks to get over the 30 day time frame.
On this side once papers were shown and a $10 fee paid the dog was done. He actually was cleared before our bags made it off the plane.

Bob K

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
bringing dog

Make sure you have the originals with you. Put a phone number on the crate as well. We have never put copies in or on the crate and have not had a problem and have done it this way for 6 consecutive years. Rabies every year is a must for here and vets int he U.S. and Canada don't do that every year. Make sure that box is ticked. Also, when we get on the plane we ask a crew member to check that the dog has actually been loaded on the plane - they phone down to the hold to check. Have fun.

holita

Jun 6, 2006
NYD...Thanks...but what does "make sure the box is ticked?" What does that mean?:ermm:

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
on the vaccination certificate it will say rabies with a box beside it - that box has to be checked/ticked.