The price of a deep sea fishing license

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Looking for the price of a fishing license, for a day or half day. We'll be arriving Dec. 1st. Thanks for any assistance.
I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure that it even exists.
A deep sea tour operator would need a license to operate, but I doubt that the people fishing would need one.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as a client on a rented charter boat you don't need a extra license, the charter boat operator need's that.
in case you are asking because you bring your own boat there are special licenses for recreational fishing, if that is the case just let me know here on the thread and i post the info.
have fun
Mike

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Can mikefisher post something like a few "ballpark" figures as to costs for deep sea fishing trips?? Might help the OP, and those of us who like to know these sorts of things..for the future, you understand....

HB

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Harry,
sorry to disappoint you, but there is no pier in El Cortecito, not even near to el cortecito.
the only piers/Marina Docks for the whole Punta Cana/Bavaro Macao area are at the Marina Cap Cana, Marina Punta Cana and there's 1 single fueling pier in Cabeza de Toro, owned by the Club Nauticus and a pier for the Marinarium Snorkel Excursion in Cabeza de Toro(owned and exclusively used by Marinarium).
i am myself with most boats located at the Punta Cana Marina where also my main office is located(local#107, right by the pool on the waterfront at the piers), and the cruising yachts are located at the Cap Cana Marina.
i know there are several guys in el cortecito(where i worked for many years) who say they are "Mike" to sell you any boat.
Hillbilly, you are the Buddy of David(Doran), right?, peace corp a long while back?,looks like you're the man with the longest back in the day knowledge on the board about the Island, he will hook up with me in january, are you joining us, too? would be a pleasure.
rates for private half day charters 4hrs run for $650.- per charter boat, full day charters 8hrs for $1.250.- per charter boat. rates include Transportation roundtrip from all hotels(uvero alto, macao, el cortecito, bavaro, cabeza de toro and punta cana), all Marina Docks comfort, Crew, Waters, Softdrinks, Beers, Baits, Fishing Gear and all Taxes, for the customer there's no further fishing license required/needed.full day charters also serve warm snacks on board.
the minimum equipment on all my charter boats are:
* Aircondition
* GPS
* Fishfinder
* VHF Radios
* Television/Music equipment
* Microwave
* Coffee/Espresso Machines
* Fridge
* Freezer
* Oven
* all Penn Intl and Shimano trolling gear
* US insurances
* all safety equipment recommended by US coast guard guidelines
to separate me from the guys who say"they are Mike", i don't have only the mentioned equipment on board, it is also working, we start airconditions in living rooms and cabins at least 1hrs prior to arrival of customers to present everything comfortable on arrival.
there are only 2 companies providing those services working on all their boats, Gran Azul Fishing (a competitor with also very good service, operating also from the Punta Cana Marina) and Mike's Marina Fishing Charters S.A.
at the moment i work in the sportfishing with the 2 charter boats shown on the website (the link HLYWUD provided above), the other 3 charter boats been for low season maintenance in Puerto Rico and wait still for the right weather conditions to join again at Punta Cana. our cruising yachts for Saona Island daytrips and caribbean wide island hopping arrive mid january at the Cap Cana Docks to operate during the 'quiet' season, when the ocean permits the long runs to other caribbean islands comfortable.

have fun
Mike

Northern traveler

Nov 15, 2007
That's different than here in MN, cuz every person who wants to fish, has to purchase a fishing license every year. Thanks for the info..........

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right northern, like that it is in most countries, the same in my home country germany, where you need a license per person and a different one for each part of a river you wanna fish.
here on the island you don't need a license to fish from shore or privately at the reef, if you want to fish private on your own boat you just need the "Navegation" papers for the area from the Marina de Guerra for your vessel, alsways valid for 1 year, that you get at the Base Naval 27 de Febrero in Santo Domingo, the lady officer in charge of that is Lic Yesenia Perez. to get those papers you just need to present the original Boat Papers(plus a copy which they will keep at the Marina) and a copy of the boat's insurances.
if you want to fish as a business, with paying customers(like i.e. in tourism), you have to change flags, that means you "import" your boat to the dominican republic, it get's dominican papers(Matricula) and you have to get the "permiso de Turismo" for watersports activities/Maritime excursions, those include deep sea fishing.
those papers are to renew on yearly bases, with them you are allowed to fish as a business with paying customers, there is no existing separate fishing license on the island, yet, but those things are in progress, too, like captains licenses aso.
have fun
Mike

ewash215

Sep 18, 2009
Fishing boat

Hello Mike, you are saying in this message if i wanted to start a fishing buisness I would just have to get my boat imported then get the right papers. would you happen to know how much it cost to dock a boat in the DR?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
docking costs vary a lot from Marina to Marina, mostly you also get a better 'daily' docking fee if you pay for a month or a longer time period at once, just for few days provide the higher 'per day' fees.
boats in the 31-40ft range cost you with electricity/cable/water included around $50.- per night.
but again, the Marinas are rivate businesses and the rates vary, like the quality of the provided services and security of the different Marinas during tough weather conditions vary a lot from place to place.
at which location you are looking to and for what purpose?
like a few days moring/few weeks for private fishing/a full season stay with commercial/business fishing?
have a great sunday
Mike