Update on Mr. Escott/Children's Health Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I thought that BEFORE the holiday season begins we might want to revisit the age old (how many years is it now) "Where is the money Now"
For all you newbies sit tight and don't ask too many questions and IF this tread survives you'll figure it out on your own.

It must have been about a year ago when we discussed this issue and in the end we kinda of let it die so that we would not feel anymore pain. I remember Chris saying something like--Lets forget it and move on-and we did.

But, as prudent and responsible people, do we not have an obligation and responsibilty to inquire--where's the dough?? Like, where is it? There still are a number of posters to this board that were tight with him back then and just might have some information we would be interested in. Maybe, we'll have a surprise Christmas and find the money has been put to good use. I'm sure that will give us a nice warm fuzzy feeling.Please don't have this tread closed by personal attacks. That would be a disservice to the children that need the help and would only be self-serving to your ego. Thanks.

So...anybody know anything??
john

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I thought that BEFORE the holiday season begins we might want to revisit the age old (how many years is it now) "Where is the money Now"
For all you newbies sit tight and don't ask too many questions and IF this tread survives you'll figure it out on your own.

It must have been about a year ago when we discussed this issue and in the end we kinda of let it die so that we would not feel anymore pain. I remember Chris saying something like--Lets forget it and move on-and we did.

But, as prudent and responsible people, do we not have an obligation and responsibilty to inquire--where's the dough?? Like, where is it? There still are a number of posters to this board that were tight with him back then and just might have some information we would be interested in. Maybe, we'll have a surprise Christmas and find the money has been put to good use. I'm sure that will give us a nice warm fuzzy feeling.Please don't have this tread closed by personal attacks. That would be a disservice to the children that need the help and would only be self-serving to your ego. Thanks.

john
We know that he says that he still has the money, that he has it in an investment bank, and that he still has not given it to the kids as promised when the collection/auction took place.
Could it be that he is so ostracized from this community, that he actually looks forward to being the center of attention once more, as people ask where the money is?
Maybe he feels that he should hold onto it for life, so that he can get that once a year, 15 minutes of fame, when people ask,
"Escott, what did you do with the money we gave to you for the kids?"

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Thread Title

john

I am suggesting that a question mark should have followed your thread title, as it reads that you were about to post new info regarding this but then it becomes clear, that it's info, you are seeking.

Wasn't this topic a real mudslinger?

Steve

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Dos cosas.....

john
2 things I know for a fact....

1- The money I donated will NEVER be seen, and

2- You owe me a delicious "Croquetas de pollo" I made and ate not long ago!!!.

Why number 2, you ask?.....Because every time I remember that that axxhole took my money, not only do I feel like flying to the DR and kick his axx, but also because just seeing his name makes me puke!!.

That's ok, Karma is my middle name and "my Louisiana Slugger Bat" is my last name!!.

Oooh, and btw, his yellow teeths and mouth STINK like shyt!. (Sorry "shyt" for comparing you to that toilet cleaning lady banger).

ANNNND...He looks like a fricking raccoon!!.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
2 things I know for a fact....

1- The money I donated will NEVER be seen, and

2- You owe me a delicious "Croquetas de pollo" I made and ate not long ago!!!.

Why number 2, you ask?.....Because every time I remember that that axxhole took my money, not only do I feel like flying to the DR and kick his axx, but also because just seeing his name makes me puke!!.

That's ok, Karma is my middle name and "my Louisiana Slugger Bat" is my last name!!.

Oooh, and btw, his yellow teeths and mouth STINK like shyt!. (Sorry "shyt" for comparing you to that toilet cleaning lady banger).

ANNNND...He looks like a fricking raccoon!!.

How much money is outstanding here? Are we talking thousands? Why doesn't somebody sue him? How hard could this be? If he has stolen children's money, there is no way any court would find him innocent.
I must be missing something ..........:ermm:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
How much money is outstanding here? Are we talking thousands? Why doesn't somebody sue him? How hard could this be? If he has stolen children's money, there is no way any court would find him innocent.
I must be missing something ..........:ermm:

Count me in, I am missing something also. Why was one person trusted with whatever amount of money it was. I believe I joined DR1 the year of the auction. I remember having a winning bid for a voucher to Lou's Shark Bar. If this was the year when it happened, I guess he has my dough too.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Steve--cut me some slack

14 minutes into the tread you call me on ???marks. C'mon stay focused. and yes there are mils at stake.
john

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
14 minutes into the tread you call me on ???marks. C'mon stay focused. and yes there are mils at stake.
john
Johne
O.k, slack cut, sorry, I was in a bad mood. :eek:gre:

I still know something is missing regarding this. If some guy has thousands of dollars, from an auction, promised to be given to a children's charity outfit and is simply not letting go of the money, he would/should be dealt with right away! The longer it goes unresolved, the less likely these kids will see their donations! There are 2 sides to a story, some say 3. I at least would like to read side number 2.
The reason I say I KNOW something is missing here is because from the OP it's an easy sue, with a win.
This needs to be dealt with pronto!
Steve

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I was going to ignore this thread as I believe one must move on. But this link that FireGuy posted really is strange ... I thought we had a clear statement on this board somewhere, from an Anoeca officer a year or so ago, that Anoeca disassociated themselves from this and gave the money back? Now, it seems that there is still an investment with Anoeca. Uhm! Who is telling a fib here? Does not make me feel warm and fuzzy somehow! But then again, I really do not care.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como va' a se'......

Does not make me feel warm and fuzzy somehow! But then again, I really do not care.
Well Christa, because SOME people don't care is that he is doing what he is doing!.

From my end, when I see that axxhole, I will get 2 inches from his face and DEMAND my money right then and there....Trust me, the bitch is so scared of me that he will even give me a tip (propina) for my troubles.

Trust me, he knows how I feel since ALLLLL the posts I post on his stupid blog tells him exactly how I feel about his sorry pathetic axx. Even if he deletes them, I know he reads them.

I know it's a matter of time before this thread dissapear (like the others) but I do care.....NOT because of the money....But because of the abuse and the SOOOO many people he took advantage of.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When Martin calculated the total sum a year and 4 months ago, it came to 15K.
Lop off the 1k in La Maranatha, and tack on the interest across 16 months, and we must be around $18K US.
As he was not mandated to invest the money, he has breached the contract/agreement.
There's been pressure for a year and a half now from many people and websites, to get him to give the money to the kids.
Clearly, he has no intention of handing the money to them, or he would have already done it.
So... Get used to it, accept it, or do something about it,
He ain't giving that money up of his own free will.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Please don't get me going again....oops, too late!!!!

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/64505-sousa-resturant-closes.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/57115-sosua-kids-legit.html

A final message from Anoeca 12/14/06
Dear All,

Have spoken to Alberto Noesi about this forum and the comments that are being made about Dominican Kids and about Anoeca.

I will repeat again monies through the Dominican Kids website was deposited into Anoeca as two separate investments, from what auctions i would not be able to detail as Anoeca was not involved in the auctions nor did we collect the money. But i do know that the figure on the website is not a true reflection of the balance we hold at Anoeca for a reason is that many who pledged money never paid.

Have spoken to all those concerned and we have handed the investments back to Dominican Kids and have told the webmistress to cut the links to Anoeca and reference to us from this website.
We do not want any donations and we will fund this charity ourselves, we will do as Alberto wants to do and construct a surgery and staff it, only then would we look for donations.

Alberto and Anoeca do not view the Dominican Kids website or read forums or blogs and so our involvement with the website would be unwise as of the accuracy of the information.

As i said earlier the funds have been handed back so any subsequent questions you have about about Dominican Kids you will need to direct to that website.

On the behalf of Anoeca

3 weeks ago
Hi Bob
We spent 1000 US dollars for them to start their Dental work their! I am waiting for a proposal to do more with them because they do good work!

I don't know what the balance is off hand but we have money in both US and Pesos but I will find out next time I speak with Alberto Noesi!

You can also call Alberto's Office and speak with Lee for more info immediately!

Bob can you send me a PM with your whole name so I can see who I am speaking with?

Thanks
Scott

<!-- / message -->

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Open Letter To Escott-Sousa DR

Dear Scott

Hope you remember me. We first met at the original DR1 reunion in upper Manhattan and had a nice chat about real estate investing. About a year later we spent several hours together one afternoon in Sosua.

The purpose of this letter is to try and resolve once and for all the so called "Children's Auction" proceeds which were entrusted to you.This subject was brought up about a year ago on a thread posted on DR1. After numerous comments, links, threats, and assurances from certain people that they did not "have the money" the whole thing blew over as we were approaching the holiday season. Perhaps I am being foolish to think that this money is available and can be put to a better use than sitting somewhere in an interest bearing account as you have reported recently. But I'm going to try because I have a goal in mind which I will discuss in a minute.

Let me first say I don't believe you" stole" the money.This is the common approach since nobody has been able to get a complete accounting of the funds. So of course, with your involvement with many ventures in the DR,including a restaurant,real estate biz, etc. there is an aura of innuendo that surrounds the issues.Perhaps, and I will be first to give you the benefit of the doubt, there is something more here that we don't know about (maybe something really good) and we can move forward feeling good.But in the event that nothing is happening with the money I suggest the following.

Let me tell you what my goal is.It's very selfish in a way.My ego is bruised that I am not doing enough.You see, I made a promise a couple of years ago to a 4'7'' nun that runs a charity for foster children in SD that I would not only contribute money but I would use the power of the internet to further the cause of La Casa Rosada.It works but I need to do more,
Last month I posted a simple thread asking if anyone needed a ride over to the facility and immediately I had six people that wanted to go. One young lady had bought 50 articles of clothing in Canada in anticipation of going there.What a thrill it was to see what can be done with just this computer keyboard in your hands.Now I want to reach out a little further. I would like to have a complete and detailed accounting of the monies that were entrusted to you. I would like, with the permission of the members of the DR1 forum board, to send La Casa Rosada $5000.00. With the balance of the money, I would like to set-up a three or four person committee to disperse the money to worthy childen's organizations in the DR. This should not be a very difficult thing to do.Let's face it-this is not your money right? I would like you to be one of the committee members and show everybody that the monies are helping those it was intended for.

It spite of the fact that you are no longer able to post on DR1 I am sure that you will be reading this message today.One way or another this letter will reach you. Scott, I want this issue resolved before Christmas and I'm sure you would like it to go away also.If you prefer and would like to deal with me directly I am here in NYC thru the holidays. My first opportunity in the DR is not until Jan 13th and hopefully this will be settled before then and we all can move on with our goals and lives.

Regards,
John Evangelista

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Dear John,
Thank you for your excellent post.

I ask all posters who are going to reply, to please consider the following.
This subject matter is very delicate, and the thread will disappear in a flash, if anyone starts name calling or making libelous accusations.
John has put some time and effort in trying to help resolve this long overdue problem.
Please show him the respect he deserves, so that this thread does not get closed/deleted.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Esta bueno....

Good post, John.

In case you don't know, you can also post this same post on HIS (or one of his blind buddies) site.....LifeInTheDR.com (then click on "Forums").

Be warned your post will disappear quickly, but at least he will not have an excuse to say he didn't read it, if ever confronted.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To John

It would be wonderful if Escott finally fulfilled his promises and actually handed the moneys over to a worthy organization who would direct all the funds to help Dominican children, but it's unrealistic to expect that Escott would be willing to offer up full accounting of the funds he collected.
He has already been ostracized by the entire community and likely couldn't give a damn about your or anybody else's wishes or demands, as he no longer has anything to lose.
The only thing he would stand to gain (and his personal gain is the only thing that matters to him) would be to get everybody off his back, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, he may be enjoying the attention he is getting from this issue, as it is the only time that anyone pays attention to him.
He loves the spotlight, and if he finally hands over the moneys as promised, then he will slip into obscurity again, as it will not suffice in offering him redemption for all the horrendous malicious acts he has committed since moving here.
I wish you luck in your appeal to him, but I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for any results.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lo pense mejor.....

It would be wonderful if Escott finally fulfilled his promises and actually handed the moneys over to a worthy organization who would direct all the funds to help Dominican children, but it's unrealistic to expect that Escott would be willing to offer up full accounting of the funds he collected.
He has already been ostracized by the entire community and likely couldn't give a damn about your or anybody else's wishes or demands, as he no longer has anything to lose.
The only thing he would stand to gain (and his personal gain is the only thing that matters to him) would be to get everybody off his back, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, he may be enjoying the attention he is getting from this issue, as it is the only time that anyone pays attention to him.
He loves the spotlight, and if he finally hands over the moneys as promised, then he will slip into obscurity again, as it will not suffice in offering him redemption for all the horrendous malicious acts he has committed since moving here.
I wish you luck in your appeal to him, but I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for any results.
You are correct.

On sencond thought, "erase" my previous post, there's no need to make him aware of any posts here as I know SOME of his "mole friends" (which I really don't know how they can still be friends with someone who is not only stealing from kids, but also a person hated by most people BEFORE this incident. But that's their problem) are keeping him up to date with anything said about him here.

Now, I also wish you luck, John.....Just know EVERYTHING have been tried and he has not "moved a muscle". Nice talks, threats, pressure....NOTHING has worked.

Perhaps you can do something others have not been able to do.

Good luck.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Would it be possible to find out if anybody has any recepts of their donation? I have connections in law enforcement that might help get things rolling if we can prove fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.