Calypso or rockys Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
Whats the cheapest place to stay in santo domingo,puerto playa, sousa area.any Dominicans offer rooms like they do in cuba

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Whats the cheapest place to stay in santo domingo,puerto playa, sousa area.any Dominicans offer rooms like they do in cuba
They don't have the "casa particular" like in Cuba, although it is possible in a small village, that some family might offer to put you up for a small fee.

A

apostropheman

personally i could not/would not stay at the Calypso.
it is not a very nice or clean place.
i have not even "made use of" the rooms there
but did tour it some time ago out of curiosity.

i, and many others have stayed at Rocky's, many times, and it is very clean, safe and basic accommodation with the best location and atmosphere in the DR. hands down my favorite place.

the food is excellent, the staff wonderful and, of course, Rocky is there as well...and the price is extremely competitive.
($22 USD a night)
Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
the people that frequent Rocky's are some of the best people i've met in my life. i've found many great friends at Rocky's!

i have stayed at many places including condos and villas but will always wish to return to my "home" for the people and location at Rocky's.

it i were you i'd look no further...just PM Rocky and book your accommodation :)
http://www.dr1.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=7679
(click the link above to PM Rocky)

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
personally i could not/would not stay at the Calypso.
it is not a very nice or clean place.
i have not even "made use of" the rooms there
but did tour it some time ago out of curiosity.

i, and many others have stayed at Rocky's, many times, and it is very clean, safe and basic accommodation with the best location and atmosphere in the DR. hands down my favorite place.

the food is excellent, the staff wonderful and, of course, Rocky is there as well...and the price is extremely competitive.
($22 USD a night)
Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
the people that frequent Rocky's are some of the best people i've met in my life. i've found many great friends at Rocky's!

i have stayed at many places including condos and villas but will always wish to return to my "home" for the people and location at Rocky's.

it i were you i'd look no further...just PM Rocky and book your accommodation :)
http://www.dr1.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=7679
(click the link above to PM Rocky)

Agreed to all of above. Same again from me.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

($22 USD a night)
I don't know the Calypso, but Dittos on the Rockys reccommendations, excellent host and a great staff..a perfect place to use for your North Coast food/lodging/making friends/intel needs...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You really can't beat Rockys for the price. Also excellent security with Bruno watching out for you.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
However, if you are really cheap and adventurous there are two "Hotels" ( and I use the word loosely) in Charamicos that you can stay in for 200-250 Pesos. That is $6-8 US. One is down the street from Caribe Express and the other is across from Restaurant Centrale.

The upside is if you need a hooker you can just knock on the door next to you for one or two, or maybe three.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Definitely stay at the Calypso!!! Think of all the great things youll miss out on if you dont stay at the Calypso......

They hand you 1 towel and 1 condom on the way in.

Definitely wear shoes in the rooms at all times(you might slip on some DNA evidence).

You can also rent a room by the hour at the Calypso so you'll save money if you can carry all your stuff around the rest of the time.

You probably want to carry anything of value since the other guests of the hotel will be whores, johns, drug users, and anyone else looking for the cheapest hotel in town available by the hour.

C'mon now with all these great reasons why would anyone want to stay anywhere else?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi all,

This will be my first post here on DR1 although I have been lurking for months. Thanks to all the information I have read about Rocky and his place my wife and I have decided to book our vacation and stay at Rocky's hotel. We arrive December 22 and will stay until January 12. We are so excited and yes, Rocky has a room for us. Thanks a bunch Rocky :)

This will be my third visit to the DR but my wife's first. When I told her I was able to put this trip together on very short notice, she jumped out of her skin. She is so excited to go to the DR and I am too. Thanks to Rocky for his very quick confirmation of a room for our visit.

I can't wait to meet some of you folks that I have been reading about on these threads since my first trip in June. Watch out DR, Dafishguy's coming back. :)

Take care folks and hope to see you soon.

Richard

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
and besides you will have plenty of company. all the guys from the AI's who can't bring chicas in to the hotel will be at the calypso. most the classico and sosua life girls use this place.....

Status
Not open for further replies.