best thing you've seen on a moto?

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
Yesterday I passed a guy driving his motobike with another motobike balanced on the passenger part - only secured by one of his hands! Not really sure how he could shift gears if he needed to?!

I would be interested in hearing some others you've seen?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Those are some hilarious pics - but most from Asia right? I'm talking seen with your own eyes!!
There are many from the DR and other countries too.
Even the Canadians play the game.

b1120.jpg

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have seen a family of 7 on one bike.
kid on the handle bars. Dad driving. Two kids between Dad and Mom. Mom on the back with two toddlers (one in each arm) Total=7.

What are they thinking.

Bob K

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I have seen one motor bike push another, which is common here. The other day I saw a motorbike pushing a full size pickup truck, and it was going slightly up hill., The biker had his foot on the rear bumper. I had to stop and watch, couldn't believe it. Necessity is the mother of invention.

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
coffin

Two guys balancing a coffin between them,I called it a Dominican helmet.Or maybe they where just thinking ahead.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
(lol) Outrageous photos! I thought I'd seen it all as I've seen a coffin, tons of bread and buns, refrigerator, stove, washing machine, family of at least 5, ladder, sofa, long steel pipes, very long wood 2 by 4's, cage full of chickens, and a dead pig. Also seen one bike pulling another one with the driver's foot on the other one. But THESE take the cake! Very funny. What next??

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Several weeks ago we were driving through La Romana and I couldn't help noticing that the woman riding pillion on the motorbike in front of us was exhibiting a little more of her rear cleavage than customary. She was also holding a very small baby, maybe 6m, propped on one thigh. We stopped at a traffic light and another motorcyclist, a man, also noticed the exposure and gently informed the woman that she was likely to catch a chill. So - what does she do? She lets go of the baby to hitch up the back of her jeans just as the lights changed and the driver jolts into motion. The baby didn't fall off, but I almost died of a heart attack witnessing the episode.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I've seen "outrageous" things on motos, "normal" to typical dominican life. But one thing that gave me pause was seeing a girl on a pasola chase down a boy on a horse, tell him to stop so she could take her turn, and she parked her pasola in the middle of the road and left it there while she took her turn on the horse! I do have a picture of it somewhere...

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
A little off-topic... but also typical of crazy stuff you see on the roads. YouTube - Cabarete riders he's lucky when he fell he didn't get run over by a car.

I recognize the area, this was along the highway at Playa Grande golf course. (I also recognize all of the guys - they live in Cabarete)

N

naturelover

how come dominicans can drive on anyside of the road yet i went up a one way street by accident and got the finger within two seconds

George Holmes

Nov 15, 2006
dofieldwork.blogspot.com
The best I ever saw was a rusty old guagua in SD driving with a cobrador hanging onto each side, holding down a six tier bright pink wedding cake which was on the roof. the thing was going round some Gazcue corners so fast it was on two wheels, so how the cake stayed on was a mystery.

Hope they made it to the church on time.