what do you do with people when it rains on the north coast

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well.....
If the "people" in question, is your girlfriend....
First, you put a pound of butter into a saucepan, gently melt it all, then... Oh, nevermind.

A

apostropheman

you're a little stranger than usual today.
is it raining wherever you are? :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
Loony45yzn.jpg

that was fairly good for me

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Play card games, play drinking games, read a book, watch TV, dream about when the sun and/or wind will return, plan your retirement, talk about what you'd do if you won the lottery, buy a ticket to somewhere else, sit in the corner and cry, invent a new umbrella, plan and cook a great meal, hold a seance, surf the web, have an arm wrestling competition, make prank phone calls in Spanish, catch up on the news, eat some ice cream, play a board game, the list is endless...
Dreaming of sun is my personal favourite.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I generally just lock 'em in a closet til the sun comes out again...

Well.....
If the "people" in question, is your girlfriend....
First, you put a pound of butter into a saucepan, gently melt it all, then... Oh, nevermind.
Rocky, coconut oil works much better, trust me :bunny:

Last edited:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Do you mean how do people entertain themselves or how can you help people?
Yesterday, I drove a whole family out of Sosua Bajo and La Union out to my home... not so much to safe them from flooding but to safe a little girl's birthday party from being canceled because it had been scheduled to happen out doors. You know Dominicans and rain! So, we did it in my garage and I lit up the gas BBQ and about 10 chicken did not come home to tell about the whole party. We all had a ball... just that I was working on a flu (since that was the subject on a different thread on here anyway) and now I am knocked out... But I got a big hug from a bunch of happy kids... for everything else... there's Master Card.

I have often wondered if I should get into my pickup truck and drive out to see if people needed help when it rains like there's no end. But then, it always seemed a bit of an unorganized thing to do... alone.
If some on here had some kind of desire to setup an emergency patrol... it could maybe prove a useful way to spend a couple of rainy days(?).

... J-D.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure all the funny ideas have come up.
I'd suggest that you travel to Santiago and see the Centro Leon for a day. Or take a local bus over to POP and walk the streets (Properly dressed, of course) and have a meal.
Get an umbrella and walk the streets of wherever you are. Or walk the beach in the rain...You certainly won't get cold. And you;ll never forget it....

HB

N

naturelover

personally i like to go to the beach in the rain but one feels one is dragging people along sometimes when they dont give you feed back

N

naturelover

oh really? and what are you peetie not that i mind a lady peetie or a man peetie

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Right after the gas station there is a pretty good basketball gym and always there are some dominican/haitien kids (or full developed men) waiting there to give you a decent challenge. Just bring in your stuff!