Riu Bachata

Status
Not open for further replies.

janetf

Nov 18, 2007
Small group (6) heading to Riu Bachata in January 08 from Halifax, NS; anything good/bad/ugly we should be aware of? We (personally, not group) have vacationed at Breeze POP, Fun Royale (twice) and Occ.Grand Flamenco Punta Cana and Tryp Cayo Coco in the past so we are hoping the Riu is just as good?

Couple of questions, as this is our first 5*:

1. Will they fill the "infamous" mug at the bar like the other resorts?
2. Is there a coffee maker in the room?
3. Will the beach vendors "trade" in lieu of money for their goods? (The beach vendors at Fun Royale certainly did!)

Any information appreciated!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Small group (6) heading to Riu Bachata in January 08 from Halifax, NS; anything good/bad/ugly we should be aware of? We (personally, not group) have vacationed at Breeze POP, Fun Royale (twice) and Occ.Grand Flamenco Punta Cana and Tryp Cayo Coco in the past so we are hoping the Riu is just as good?

Couple of questions, as this is our first 5*:

1. Will they fill the "infamous" mug at the bar like the other resorts?
2. Is there a coffee maker in the room?
3. Will the beach vendors "trade" in lieu of money for their goods? (The beach vendors at Fun Royale certainly did!)

Any information appreciated!

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Not sure, I always trade green backs for "stuff".

I've been to the Riu complex three times and in general it's a cut above most of the resorts you mention (I've also stayed at two of the resorts you mention). You also have the use of the facilities at Riu Mambo and Riu Merengue, although you are expected to eat your evening meal at your own resort.

Enjoy.

Gregg

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I know when I stayed there they had a full fridge in the room with two kinds of beer, pop, juice..etc plus 4 bottles of hard liquor. Very nice rooms, good room service, very clean,...etc. I also found it a cut above several others I've stayed at. The beach isn't as nice as some others, but the sports beach is very well set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.