Anything you are passionate about?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Miguel suggested in another thread that this would make a good thread title. So, here we go .. I moved the other posts from the old thread in here .. Let's see if we can get a positive conversation going. (Passionate in life .. OK, not women or men!).

- I'm passionate about systems technology as applied in business and used by people. I've seen, studied and consulted for probably 60 businesses across 4 disciplines, in-depth, and seen how they work and created 'new and improved' systems with the organzational development and change that goes with that. It also pays the bills very nicely. (I hate businesses, specifically health care facilities that make you fill out more than one form!)
- I'm passionate about food-related environmental issues, ocean or earth environment, but feel overwhelmed these days as the statistics and scientific studies keep rolling in and mankind is making such a mess of it. My current 'wish' is that someone will pay me to study alternative crops that may be suitable and viable for the DR .. but I think I'll have to do that in my own time and for no pay dammit! :laugh:
- I'm passionate about religious studies, mainly the esoteric or spiritual branches of the various religious belief sets, East or West, but I don't follow any one of those.
- I'm passionate about practical, skills-based education, helping to support, educate and develop whichever community I find myself in, and my family.
- I'm passionate about learning how to retire. I've tried three times and it does not work! Just too much to do and too many interesting things :laugh:
And also cooking, reading, travelling, and the ocean .. any ocean!

Next? ;)

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Ok.

I am very passionate (VERY) about romantic music (baladas).

OK I said it.

I have a collection of music by Jose Jose, Miguel Gallardo, Napolean, Camilo Sesto, Emmanuel, Jeaneete, Rocio.

I cant get enough of it. Too bad, there are not that many that sing ballads today. Jose Jose is and always will be the man, in my book.;)

I cant stand Luis Miguel though.:ermm:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
This is an interesting thread. I love reading good books (last one was "Gold" by Isaak Asimov) and learning about history, foreign cultures and languages. Actually, anything that involves learning. I am also passionate about teaching how to stay fit and healthy to the people I work with. I hope my son can get more into physical activities one day. Right now he is more into good food, drawing, and all types of art.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What am I passionate about? Respect of one's fellow man(if not his opinions), racism, and right and wrong, and being a good daddy to my three little girls.

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lo esperare....

Is my check "flying"?....Wahahaha.

I am passionate about EVERYTHING I believe in.

Now, If you want to get "down and dirty", I am the MOST passionate about helping the less fortunate, ESPECIALLY kids.

My beloved mom (RIP) used to say, in a very loving way, that I will never be a millionaire.... She said that my heart is to soft (yeah, believe it or not) and that I would just give all my money away.

I don't know, sometimes I just can NOT help myself. It's like a fricking addiction....An addiction that leaves a warm feeling in my heart ALLLLL the time!.

Christa, this is the #1, later I'll post about some other things I am passionate about (HIIIIIIIIIDE!!).

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I love good music... has to have melody, rhythm and chords thou (today, Salsa and some R&B seem to fit the bill perfectly). I started out with classical, because that's all my parents accepted under the term "music"... then, as a teen, I discovered swing, then jazz... then after finding that it did not help brining too much excitement into my teen life... (disco music just came up at that time) I went into rockabilly, western swing and all the related stuff (which was enjoying a huge revival)... all which eventually hooked my with the steel guitar. I have also built these instruments while living in the States until 2001 and still am a main participant on the steel guitar forum.
Subject which nicely leads into my other life long passion: Creating things. I love to draw, design, develop and finally build. Eventually this got me into the construction business, first as a general contractor (in the States) and later on running my own construction company. I love to get involved in the creation of residential developments.

And finally... I am passionate about re-discovering LIVE here in the DR.

... J-D.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not sure that passionate is a term I would apply to much that I do anymore. Perhaps Judo and Golf. My grand children of course. Teaching. Family.
I agree with Lambada that mental sharpness is required as the tic-tocs accumulate, but I also try for some physical fitness. (in order to be able to lift "a few" when necessary).

HB

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
CHILDREN!! I LOVE children..of all ages....
Children are the most amazing little people ever. They are very perceptive and honest.
I honestly like children a lot more than most grown ups....

I am very passionate in my views against racism, violence and injustice...

And at times..I am also quite passionate in my love for Brugal, Presidente, Benadicta and Vino Pina....:cheeky:

Although my new found interest (and growing passion) for health and fitness is at the moment beginning to overshadow my passion for the above mentioned drinks :ermm:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Tambien......

I am also very passionate about EDUCATION.

I think there is NO excuse why a person can't have the best education possible......Here, there, everywhere.

There are "things" to be learned every day and as my father used to say:

"Educating yourself never ends, even if you live to be 100 as there are always new things 'feed your brain'".

N

naturelover

tennis/nature/gardening ........i used to enjoy a bit of painting

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
I am VERY passionate in my work eduacating people against racial prejudices, enabling communities and teaching young children.

I also have a great passion for music, I love R&B, old school, Salsa, and Dance Hall Reggae!!!!

N

naturelover

1. i grew up in england so i need re-educating to not to be afaraid of children. if you see any in britain its wise to cross the street and walk very quickly...also in Britain you darent talk to a child in case you are acused of being a pervert

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
dr_qt....
Riiight I can't believe I forgot to put that on my post...
MUSIC...
I love music...all types...
And dancing....
:)

andrewc52002

Feb 6, 2007
I like anything related to history, geography, archeology. Eventhough I'm a mathematician, I like to understand how we got here and what we did till this very year 2007.
Woops ... I forgot the UFO's ... but this is another matter, lol.
ac

A

apostropheman

that was succinct and to the "point" :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
Animals.
Racing.
New Year's Eve.
Motorbiking.
Breasts.

PS: In no particular order.
for me:

computers

trying to learn Spanish...not at all easy, i'm a bit thick it seems, but quite enjoyable (and apparently quite humorous to others)

mi novia...nobody said i was easy to get along with :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

planning to move to the DR, ASAP...again not as easy as i would like

music...of many types and since falling in love with the DR, including bachata, merengue and salsa

helping those genuinely in need

and 3, or is it 4 :), of the "items" on Rocky's list ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yo tambien....

I'm with you! A sucker for a sweet romantic ballad.
That makes 3 of us.

The only type of music I don't like is rap. Other than that....

I am passionate just about all type of music.

Big Band, Swing, Disco, Classical, Jazz, Country, Merengue, SALSA, R&B, Rock, Soft Rock, Tango, Dance, Flamenco, Ballenato, Cumbia, Easy Listening, Pop, Perico Ripiao, Rancheras, SOME Bachatas, Folklore, Charanga.........

Shyt, you should see my Country music, Elvis Presley, Raphael, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Sandro, The Eagles, Hector Lavoe, Mozart and Frank Sinatra (among others) collections.....BREATHTAKING (well, if you are into that stuff).

And don't get me started with my 80's Merengues collection!!.