accomodations in/near Rincon?

Avid Rita

Nov 18, 2007
I'm travelling along with a small group of architecture students doing a 17 day camping stay in Rincon. But I'm old as dirt, looking for a place to stay other than the tents, simple is good but do need electricity overnight (medical needs). Any ideas? I hear that electric may be spotty, and I have a battery, but still need to recharge daily. :ermm:

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Rincon Camping

Rita: Village of Rincon/Playa Rincon are about 20-25 min. outside of Las Galeras. There are no facilities at the beach and no electric power except for the village of Rincon (5 min. from beach). If you really need to be somewhere to stay (motel/hotel/private home) your best bet, is not Rincon. There is nothing there at the moment. Perhaps in 6-8 months there may be a small hotel/pension available in the village of Rincon. When are you planning to be here? You said for 17 days, is that 17 days at the beach or the general area? You will need to have someway to transport yourself, in case of an emergency (car or motorbike/quad). Does anyone in your group speak Spanish? You may wish to check on permits for your activities, as Rincon Beach area is private property (beach does have public access even though it is private). PM me if you need further answers, as I live about as close to Rincon as one can get. Good luck. Is your battery capable of being charged with a small solar panel?;)