Cheap hotel in Nagua?

Roo

Dec 3, 2006
I'm looking at spending a couple days in Nagua. Last time I passed through there I had a hard time finding what I consider an affordable hotel. Any suggestions? How much will I be spending?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
In 3.5 years someone has got to know something. So I m asking the same question.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Affordable. Every hotel in Nagua is affordable from US or Euro standards. There are several and all are affordable. There are only 2-3 with pools and those are on the road east of town. There are also two 0r three cabanas south and east of town. Affordabliltiy is not a problem here.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I saw 3 of them in town but one looks like seaside villas and the other seem to be too pretentious for the local. I will be there for a day or 2 and can stay with a friend but I m not sure I want to do that.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Hotel Sinai

I saw 3 of them in town but one looks like seaside villas and the other seem to be too pretentious for the local. I will be there for a day or 2 and can stay with a friend but I m not sure I want to do that.
If you want a good and safe hotel: Hotel Sinai

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cheap Hotel?
I think the problem in Nagua will be to find an expensive hotel..:cheeky:

There are some on the east side of town.

Does it really need to be Nagua?
Cabrera is just a short drive away.... La Catalina is ~$100/night and there are less expensive than that

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I have stayed in Hotel Sinai, a while back now though, 800 pesos for a night, the rooms are very comfortable and well equipped, hot water, cable TV. There is a restuarant but I didn't use that, but for breakfast I used room service, which was quick with delicious US style food and cheap.

Isabel85

Feb 11, 2011
I've stayed in hotel Cambri in january...it was nice, hot water, cable tv, small pool,nice italian restaurant... In may I've stayed in a new hotel just after the cambri (on the road to samana), Hotel Mar y Sol, nice rooms all new so it was very clean, problems with hot water in 1rst floor but I think now it's ok, nice beds...I' didn't like the restaurant...but people were very friendly and helpfull. This hotel is on the beach.
In October I will go to the Sinai but I can't give an opinion for now.
All this hotels have rates about 1000 pesos/night ( at least for foreigneirs I don't now the rates for locals)

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I've stayed in hotel Cambri in january...it was nice, hot water, cable tv, small pool,nice italian restaurant... In may I've stayed in a new hotel just after the cambri (on the road to samana), Hotel Mar y Sol, nice rooms all new so it was very clean, problems with hot water in 1rst floor but I think now it's ok, nice beds...I' didn't like the restaurant...but people were very friendly and helpfull. This hotel is on the beach.
In October I will go to the Sinai but I can't give an opinion for now.
All this hotels have rates about 1000 pesos/night ( at least for foreigneirs I don't now the rates for locals)

Please give us a report after your stay at the Sinai.....I may stay there in November.
Thanks........

Your friendly neighborhood bandito y gavillero..........:chinese:

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
sinai is very clean. run by same family for many, many yrs. in populated area and not so quiet on street side but not terrible. family is nice and very helpful also english speaking. first choice for business travelers.....no chicas allowed....

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Hotel Sinai for me was a bust. If you plan on going out for nightlife you will comeback to the hotel front door locked and cannot get in. My wife and I go to the discos and this hotel shuts down around 1 am. Also the noise is way too much. You can hear everything going on outside and in the hallways. Stayed there on 2 occasions and that was enough. It is very close to downtown Nagua. Hotel Cambri is much better. They have the only swimming pool in Nagua hotels that I know of. Pool is small but effective. LOL. Owner is good guy. There is NO restaurant on property as previous poster had posted. You have to walk to main street but it is only 2-3 minute walk. And service is very slow and food was not very good. My wife is from Nagua and we visit frequently. Hotel Mar y Sol is right on beach and the owner is very very nice they have recently completed a brand new restaurant and I am going back again here in few days. $30-$45 per room

Isabel85

Feb 11, 2011
I've stayed in the 3...Cambri, Mar y sol and sinai and my favourite is the Sinai. Nice room, TV, air cond, Hot water, restaurant was ok. I didn't hear any noise from the room...and when we came back at 2 there is somebody who oppened the door...so no problem with that hotel. It's not near the beach like the other two but honestly, the beach in Nagua is not very clean...so you have to go to matancitas anyway..