bars showing football

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnei

Sep 26, 2007
Hi
can anybody tell us if there is any where to watch the football premiership,champions league we are looking to watch the liverpool matches around the playa dorada area or any where close.
Thanks

nicnei

Sep 26, 2007
Thanks everyone it's my husband and dad who don't want to miss them, it looks like they won't.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Could not find Phily's bar, there is Phillip's Pub. Also. Hemmingway's is closed, remodeling. A guide suggested The Steak house. They had 6 TV's, all on a news channel, and no customers. I asked if they would change on TV to the NBA game and was told no. So I'm still looking for a Sports Bar in or close to POP. Any directions to Chris and Mady's?

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Could not find Phily's bar, there is Phillip's Pub. Also. Hemmingway's is closed, remodeling. A guide suggested The Steak house. They had 6 TV's, all on a news channel, and no customers. I asked if they would change on TV to the NBA game and was told no. So I'm still looking for a Sports Bar in or close to POP. Any directions to Chris and Mady's?

Roadways shows sports matches and is located oppposite the entrance to the Gran Ventana hotel - very close to the plaza.

Also, you can try Cafe Cito. Walk out of the entrance to Playa Dorada and turn right - you will find Cafe Cito on your left hand side a few hundred meters down

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I've tryed Cito and its not really a sports bar, I think they have a TV and its small. I'm old and blind as a bat. But thanks for the info. Also, if you look at Cito's menu and the prices, the food is GOOD by the way, but the prices do not match what they charge you when you get the check. I mentioned it to the owner and he said he has not updated the menu to reflect the new prices. That was a few months ago. We visited them recently and the menu and check are still out of sync. I suspect we won't be going back there anytime soon.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Damn I hate when my fingers don't work right. I meant Phils Bar or Philips Bar. Whooooops. they always have the games on.

At for Cafe Cito, it is not a sports bar. You are very correct - the food is good but overpriced.

Roadway is not a sports bar either.

Check out the Irish Tavern in Puerto Plata, they often have the games on. Food is good and not overpriced.

champ

Dec 2, 2006
chris and madys

its on the main road at the beach in cofresi before ocean world,,you cant miss it

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I went to Chris and Mady's today for lunch. Thanks for the directions. Nice place, nice man Chris. He has 2 TV's and I think is willing to accomdate anyone when it comes to sports, but he only has 2 TV's so can only help so many folks. It is worth a visit, food is good and reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.