Sosua ....Fall 07

tommy g

Apr 3, 2006
Wow.....what a time....After two trips to Punta Cana (AI) I finally discovered the north coast. Sosua is my kind of town. Some general observations. Three hour flight from Newark to POP....great! Stayed at "The Palms" condo complex. While not 5-star it is more than adequate. Met Jenny (manager),George and his daughter from Canada...great people. They own 8 condos so if you are traveling in a group look them up. Met Jim Bellaire from American Realty......thinking of buying some real estate....a class act. Not one bad experience at local eateries. Recommend Maura Mai.....great lunch menu....also senor Rafael is a great host. While much has been said about the ribs at Rocky's I had one of the best burgers ever ..(#114 on the menu).I have a big appetite and it took an effort to get down that last bite.The transportation.......it is like the wild west.....substitute moto conchos in lieu of horses....and you will get the idea. For that matter any ride is like "Great Adventure" . The beach.....punta cana much better....Vendors.....see Juanita at first booth on left.....low key...no pressure.....just a super person. Want the opposite experience see Jose further down on the left. I am amazed how he can speak fluently in four languages...should be working in corporate "Anywhere"..with his sales skills. Finally the "night life"....beyond words.....just pick a good vantage point between the two discos and soak it in. I found my # 5 on the "Maria" scale and had way too much fun. Will be back sooner than later

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wow.....what a time....After two trips to Punta Cana (AI) I finally discovered the north coast. Sosua is my kind of town. Some general observations. Three hour flight from Newark to POP....great! Stayed at "The Palms" condo complex. While not 5-star it is more than adequate. Met Jenny (manager),George and his daughter from Canada...great people. They own 8 condos so if you are traveling in a group look them up. Met Jim Bellaire from American Realty......thinking of buying some real estate....a class act. Not one bad experience at local eateries. Recommend Maura Mai.....great lunch menu....also senor Rafael is a great host. While much has been said about the ribs at Rocky's I had one of the best burgers ever ..(#114 on the menu).I have a big appetite and it took an effort to get down that last bite.The transportation.......it is like the wild west.....substitute moto conchos in lieu of horses....and you will get the idea. For that matter any ride is like "Great Adventure" . The beach.....punta cana much better....Vendors.....see Juanita at first booth on left.....low key...no pressure.....just a super person. Want the opposite experience see Jose further down on the left. I am amazed how he can speak fluently in four languages...should be working in corporate "Anywhere"..with his sales skills. Finally the "night life"....beyond words.....just pick a good vantage point between the two discos and soak it in. I found my # 5 on the "Maria" scale and had way too much fun. Will be back sooner than later
Welcome to paradise.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Ah yes, Sosua - must go back to the North sometime I so loved Sosua. I'll have to drag hubby there - his family are in the South so we go there but I loved the north coast. Glad you had a good time too.

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
Wow.....what a time.... Will be back sooner than later

Another convert! I know just how you feel, man - the place kinda grows on you, doesn't it? I liked Sosua more than Cabarete, which has been described to me as more "chic" in comparison to Sosua. Guess that makes me a red-neck.

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
hey tommy g....you are missed.. last time i was in sosua, a few weeks ago, i had someone asking me constanly if you were coming back soon,,,,take care.

tommy g

Apr 3, 2006
Mr. Quixote

Please give my regards to Brooke.....nice to know I can rent a property...get a scuba lesson.....a therapeutic massage....and a vodka martini with one phone call. Nice hearing from you ....I am sure our paths will cross again.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Please give my regards to Brooke.....nice to know I can rent a property...get a scuba lesson.....a therapeutic massage....and a vodka martini with one phone call. Nice hearing from you ....I am sure our paths will cross again.
How can you beat that?
Paradise at your fingertips.

tommy g

Apr 3, 2006
Hey Rocky......Your 10,000th post was a reply to my thread......got to be worth something......a meal maybe.....Should be in town next week....I'll look you up

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Rocky......Your 10,000th post was a reply to my thread......got to be worth something......a meal maybe.....Should be in town next week....I'll look you up
Like you said..... ought to be worth something...... only I'm not sure...... who's buying who a meal here?

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
rankus honorificus etceterus

Like you said..... ought to be worth something...... only I'm not sure...... who's buying who a meal here?

. . . and to which forum do we now go to legitimately discuss the new rank of Field Marshal Marco (RockyBar) Beland?

tommy g

Apr 3, 2006
Rocky.....As a relative newcomer to Sousa....I'll get the meal you give me a shot of your finest vodka. fair enough....I'll be in town 1 week from today.....Table for two or four? My novia will surely want to join us. You set the time. One more thing....how is your employee doing that was victimized by that tragic fire? What were the children's ages.....will try to bring some clothing.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky.....As a relative newcomer to Sousa....I'll get the meal you give me a shot of your finest vodka. fair enough....I'll be in town 1 week from today.....Table for two or four? My novia will surely want to join us. You set the time. One more thing....how is your employee doing that was victimized by that tragic fire? What were the children's ages.....will try to bring some clothing.
Sounds great.
Maria's doing quite well and the house is progressing.
I'll try to get out there in the next week or two to update pix of the construction.
I forgot the kid's ages, but will ask her tomorrow and post them.
She'll be thankful for anything and everything.
She's a real trooper and has kind of blossomed from what happened.
I know it sounds weird, but she's so blown away from all the help she's been getting, and she can actually see the house "growing" in front of her eyes, and it's like a dream come true for her.
Thank you all.