Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    .............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fitness studio - Puerto Plata

We have a new Fitness Studio in Puerto Plata. Total Training Fitness Studio offers a variety of programs - including Fitness training, Personal Trainers, yoga and (for me) dance workout classes.

I will have the full schedule tomorrow but can tell you now that the Dance workout classes are Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 pm.

They can be reached at 809-261-0888. they are located in the plaza almost across the street from Burger King, right near the Western Union office.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by planner View Post
    We have a new Fitness Studio in Puerto Plata. Total Training Fitness Studio offers a variety of programs - including Fitness training, Personal Trainers, yoga and (for me) dance workout classes.

I will have the full schedule tomorrow but can tell you now that the Dance workout classes are Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 pm.

They can be reached at 809-261-0888. they are located in the plaza almost across the street from Burger King, right near the Western Union office.

I am interested. Is that near the big roundabout on the Puerto Plata East exit?
    I'll check'em out. I was just about to sign up with American Gym.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good workout and lots of fun. Is the room air conditioned?

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is right near the roundabout. If you are going towards Playa Dorada from Puerto Plata, it is just past the round about and past Burger King, The plaza is on the left side of the road!

Air Conditioning - don't know but will find out. They have just recently opened. But the owners have been working in Puerto Plata for a few years!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see - Tuesdays and Thursdays - I'd be willing to go to these classes with you. I love dancersize and dance it classes . I have 2 Tuesdays and 2 Thursdays, if they let you pay by the class.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they have "normal" US style gyms in DR? I'm looking for a spin room and a racquetball court...air conditioned would be perferable.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

We will try out the Tuesday and Thursday classes for sure!!!

Spin - they have spin classes at the American Gym but as to Air Conditioning - That would be a no.....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yikes!

Spin class with no airconditioning would be a challenge. How are the monthly prices for gym membership? Any place have racquetball courts?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Very Nice

Thanks...I was beginning to think I'd have to give up racquetball if I moved to DR...that would be a BIG negative for me. Looks like there are possibilities after all.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just returned from a reconnaissance of the 'Total Training' premises at Plaza Brugal. The door seemed locked but using TWO hands to open the second door handle, allowed me entry! There was a girl sitting at the computer but she didn't seem to have the inclination to get up & check who was trying to make entry!

There was no one else in the premises so I was able to have a good look round & ask some questions. The area was cool but I did not notice air conditioning on. There were two treadmills, two training bikes, one bench seat & several weights of varying sizes. The front room was darkened for comfort, the back room sectioned off by a curtain was similar. A coffee/drinks section was available. Both rooms were carpeted.

Joining fees for membership are priced at RD $2,000 per month. At that price, I am sure additional discounts would be available for 3 month, 6 month & 12 month mambership but I didn't bother asking!!

The PERSONAL Trainer (Pablo) is available for private sessions in personal fitness programmes - his rate is RD $1,000 per hour.

I hope planner wasn't the marketing consultant to this operation as at THOSE prices I think I will continue to walk the golf course & get my excercise from hitting a tiny, innoffensive white ball. There is a LOT of competition in Puerto Plata for fitness studios so I will continue to search out a more favourably priced one for MY needs - toning up of arms & legs with a good helping of anti-aging & brain stimulation thrown in!! ~ Grahame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast