Larimar and Amber jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
you can purchase that stuff everywhere in in punta cana.................fight over the price................go take a look on e-bay at what is available,( there is quite a bit on ebay), this will give you an idea of the real value beforehand. you are on vacation, that bracelet looks good for 40$ until you look on ebay when you get home and find it for 10. i think some of the vendors that work the beach and hotels in punta cana get their stuff from ebay..............the really good stuff is done with gold and hard to find except in very high end jewelers in SD............

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Why would a responsible adult risk placing beaded jewelry around the neck of an 8 month-old teething baby?????????

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Can you purchase this jewelry anywhere in Punta Cana? Are they expensive or reasonable?

There are great differences in quality of larimar, both in the raw stones, and in the manufacture of the jewelry pieces. I've purchased both relatively cheap "tourist" pieces, and some VERY nice well made pieces through specialized jewelry sources. I'd be tempted to say "you get what you pay for", EXCEPT that's not quite true. It's easily possible to overpay for inferior articles. If you're being pressured to buy... beware. I WILL say that quality items ARE expensive.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Its subtle Amber SPAM responding to a 5 year old thread.!

Very creative spam, I might add. Removed

Of course, we all know that RUM is much better for teething. Especially when baby gets a tiny amount on gums, and mom gets a larger amount for herself. Tried to find a link, but surprisingly there is none!

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hey Cap, you do realize Northern Traveler asked his question in 2007?

Damn... no I didn't realize it Tambo. Thanks for the heads up. I generally keep an eye on the date stamps, but I was out of town and was just cruising through the "new posts" list trying to catch up, which is how I ended up on this thread. I hate feeling like a newbie... LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.