Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contacting the DR Postal Service?

Hey all, a little help would be appreciated!!

I am expecting a delivery that left the US registered and insurance mail via the USPS, who can I contact here to find out whats happening?

Many thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

UPS will deliver to your door. At least they do in Puerto Plata.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlielyn View Post
    UPS will deliver to your door. At least they do in Puerto Plata.
    It appears that it was sent by the US Postal Service, not UPS. Good luck with this one.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

DR Postal Service??? What's that???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Every two months I get surprised by getting a magazine from my consulate delivered to my door step in Puerto Plata... by the local mail!
    From what I understand, the better way to get "mail" from the Dominican postal services, is to rent a PO-Box with them at their main office (they are cheap too). I haven't done that yet, so I can't report as to success or failure.

Anyway, in the OP's case I would go to the next mail office personally and ask them if they got something. They may just not know where exactly to deliver it to.

... J-D.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Chances are even less...............

Quote Originally Posted by jupe View Post
    Hey all, a little help would be appreciated!!

I am expecting a delivery that left the US registered and insurance mail via the USPS, who can I contact here to find out whats happening?

Many thanks
    ...........of getting it now!!!!! It must be valuable!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Post Office ?

Hey,
    Does anyone know what heppened to the NEW post office in Bavaro-Punta Cana ??????
    One day they just were gone??? I am trying to find a package LOL

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I send medical supplies from the US to Santiago by the USPS all the time. I leave atleast 2 home contact #s to call and the package always arrives within 6 to 9 days. Always leave a contact #.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's registered & insured & if it got here, it should be sitting in your local Post Office in DR. They won't deliver because they need your signature.Take your ID with you - cedula if you have it, passport if you don't have a cedula. A friend in US sent 2 packages to himself, addressed to a hotel in Sosua - never got delivered but he tracked it to Puerto Plata Post Office & was able to collect from there.

We've had a P.O. Box in PP for 14 years - only used for non-valuables, Christmas cards etc. About 8/9 years ago the system used to work really well (& most of our mail came from UK) but over the last 5 years the system (for want of a better word) has deteriorated.

jupe, here is INPOSDOM's website with 2 email addresses if you want to email them:
    Bienvenido a INPOSDOM

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    If it's registered & insured & if it got here, it should be sitting in your local Post Office in DR. They won't deliver because they need your signature.Take your ID with you - cedula if you have it, passport if you don't have a cedula. A friend in US sent 2 packages to himself, addressed to a hotel in Sosua - never got delivered but he tracked it to Puerto Plata Post Office & was able to collect from there.

We've had a P.O. Box in PP for 14 years - only used for non-valuables, Christmas cards etc. About 8/9 years ago the system used to work really well (& most of our mail came from UK) but over the last 5 years the system (for want of a better word) has deteriorated.

jupe, here is INPOSDOM's website with 2 email addresses if you want to email them:
    Bienvenido a INPOSDOM
    Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast