Contacting the DR Postal Service?

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
Hey all, a little help would be appreciated!!

I am expecting a delivery that left the US registered and insurance mail via the USPS, who can I contact here to find out whats happening?

Many thanks

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Every two months I get surprised by getting a magazine from my consulate delivered to my door step in Puerto Plata... by the local mail!
From what I understand, the better way to get "mail" from the Dominican postal services, is to rent a PO-Box with them at their main office (they are cheap too). I haven't done that yet, so I can't report as to success or failure.

Anyway, in the OP's case I would go to the next mail office personally and ask them if they got something. They may just not know where exactly to deliver it to.

... J-D.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Chances are even less...............

Hey all, a little help would be appreciated!!

I am expecting a delivery that left the US registered and insurance mail via the USPS, who can I contact here to find out whats happening?

Many thanks

...........of getting it now!!!!! It must be valuable!

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Post Office ?

Hey,
Does anyone know what heppened to the NEW post office in Bavaro-Punta Cana ??????
One day they just were gone??? I am trying to find a package LOL:squareeye

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I send medical supplies from the US to Santiago by the USPS all the time. I leave atleast 2 home contact #s to call and the package always arrives within 6 to 9 days. Always leave a contact #.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If it's registered & insured & if it got here, it should be sitting in your local Post Office in DR. They won't deliver because they need your signature.Take your ID with you - cedula if you have it, passport if you don't have a cedula. A friend in US sent 2 packages to himself, addressed to a hotel in Sosua - never got delivered but he tracked it to Puerto Plata Post Office & was able to collect from there.

We've had a P.O. Box in PP for 14 years - only used for non-valuables, Christmas cards etc. About 8/9 years ago the system used to work really well (& most of our mail came from UK) but over the last 5 years the system (for want of a better word) has deteriorated.

jupe, here is INPOSDOM's website with 2 email addresses if you want to email them:
Bienvenido a INPOSDOM

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
If it's registered & insured & if it got here, it should be sitting in your local Post Office in DR. They won't deliver because they need your signature.Take your ID with you - cedula if you have it, passport if you don't have a cedula. A friend in US sent 2 packages to himself, addressed to a hotel in Sosua - never got delivered but he tracked it to Puerto Plata Post Office & was able to collect from there.

We've had a P.O. Box in PP for 14 years - only used for non-valuables, Christmas cards etc. About 8/9 years ago the system used to work really well (& most of our mail came from UK) but over the last 5 years the system (for want of a better word) has deteriorated.

jupe, here is INPOSDOM's website with 2 email addresses if you want to email them:
Bienvenido a INPOSDOM

Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We purchased a PO Box at the local Post Office here in Puerto Plata for 1,000 pesos for one year. The key was additional 250 pesos. We were given the key 4 months after we purchased the PO Box. We only use it for unimportant mail.