Honeymoon in Riu Bachata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andjdavies

Nov 24, 2007
I am getting married in April, and am looking at a 2-week stay at the Riu Bachata for the honeymoon. Any advice/comments/suggestions?

We would like to relax and get away from the crowds a bit, and also get out of the resort on day trips etc. Are there good (and not-so-crowded) beaches within walking distance? What day trips would you recommend? I have heard there are islands we can travel to, horse-riding, Oceanworld etc?

Thanks!

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I am sure you will enjoy Bachata. I have stayed there for two weeks and it is very secluded. The "only" beach there belongs to the 3 RIU resorts and it will be as crowded as the resorts are in April.
The only place you are within walking distannce to is a small village called Maimo.
For my money if you want an AI in that area I would take Sun Village for similar money. It is walking distance to Ocean World and other businesses off the resort. You can also walk into POP though it is a hike. About 8KM. I did it and needless to say I took the gauga back to the resort.
The food and drink are also of a much higher quality at Sun Village IMHO.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I just returned from 3 nights at the RIU Merengue which is the sister resort to the Bachata. If you would like to see current pictures, PM me and I'll be glad to send them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.