metal roofing

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i have a rather large canvas awning, maybe 14 x 28, that covers one of my balconies. it got pretty messed up in Noel and i am going to have to replace it with metal. does anybody have a sq. ft. or sq. m. idea of what this stuff costs? i am not lookin for the wavy stuff, although it would give the place a nice "campo" look and i know it is going to take some steel to hold something this big up, but i already have the high railings and bar work, in place to discourage jumpers, this is a penthouse in SD. i just need a rough idea of the roofing material price.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i have a rather large canvas awning, maybe 14 x 28, that covers one of my balconies. it got pretty messed up in Noel and i am going to have to replace it with metal. does anybody have a sq. ft. or sq. m. idea of what this stuff costs? i am not lookin for the wavy stuff, although it would give the place a nice "campo" look and i know it is going to take some steel to hold something this big up, but i already have the high railings and bar work, in place to discourage jumpers, this is a penthouse in SD. i just need a rough idea of the roofing material price.
Wouldn't the sound of the rain on a metal roof drive you bonkers?
Why not a retractable canvas awning?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Wouldn't the sound of the rain on a metal roof drive you bonkers?
Actually, Marco, you would be surprised of the stimulating effect of the sound of the rain on a zinc roof can have on your (Dominican) girlfriend, thus enhancing the quality of your siestas ;)