Old photos of Cofresi

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
I was looking through some old photographs and found some I took around Cofresi - I think in the mid to late 80's. My best guess on these is 1986. Anyway, not real exciting, but I thought that those familiar with Cofresi might enjoy seeing the area before the resorts, etc.

Festero

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Is that the Captain's house I see up on the hill, nobbly knees?

My how the area has changed since then! I remember it in the early 90's but regrettably didn't take photos in those days! I certainly remember the OLD Blue Marlin restaurant when it was sited back a bit from the beach area, used to have some very decent meals in there!

(Got both your e-mails & will be responding - Feb. is certainly reserved for a bit of ball hitting!!). ~ GWB.

N

naturelover

very interesting photos....anyone got any others or older ones of the north sosua/cabarete/puerto plata

champ

Dec 2, 2006
2nd pic is in front of the original CLUB PARIDISE HOTEL do you have any pics of the hotel,etc.,,

N

naturelover

looks like we are doing a good job of ruining the place

N

naturelover

i meant it looks nicer before the buildings.........most paces do but unfortunately we need to live in something lol

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
2nd pic is in front of the original CLUB PARIDISE HOTEL do you have any pics of the hotel,etc.,,

Club Paradise! Gosh, I miss that place! The best garlic soup I have ever tasted, great gang of people hung out there!;)

I only have one pic of the hotel, but it is in the driveway and only shows the garage area! I have some taken in the bar/restaurant and lots taken at the place next to it owned by the Cuban family from New York.

Cofresi has most definitely changed with the only good improvements being Chris & Maudys' restaurant and of course Ocean World!

Thank you Dave for bringing back some old memories! Of course, one cannot think of Cofresi without thinking of our beloved friends who are no longer with us - Papa John and James Hastie, may they RIP.

Marlie