Santiago Job

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I will be looking for a job in Santiago this summer. I want to work part-time but I am not sure where to start the search. I have googled "DR jobs, jobs in Santiago, etc" to no avail. I am a registered nurse here in the US but definitely do not want to work as a nurse there unless it is in a private hospital. I am on an high intermediate level in spanish but I am not fully bilingual so I wonder if I can work in a call center and answer english calls or something to the like. I want to work to have something to do, not to live off of the pay, so I will take a lower pay to get more experience until my spanish is up to par...Well, not too low! Where do I start? Does anyone know of US call centers in Santiago... or any job that you think a person like me would be qualified for? I have 3 more trips to DR before I move in August and I can visit any company during one of those trips. Let me know...I appreciate any help.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
a full time call center job in Santiago will get you about 18-22k RD per month. You can try SYnergies Strategic Services, Telexgroup, Callmax Dr and many more that will hire you as a walking agent. For management jobs you might want to network first.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Contact info

I have searched the web and only found contact info for Vimenca, telexgroup, and synergies strategic (and actually that was just one of those internet forms that you fill out). If anyone has contact info on CALLMAX, NEARCOM, or UNO, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks. Also, I have no telecommunications experience, will this be a problem you think? I am actually a RN who just does not want to work as a nurse in DR.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
MrMike on this site can help you out with Nearcom, if you pm me i can give you the other center info.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
chola1978 - READ THIS!!!

MrMike on this site can help you out with Nearcom, if you pm me i can give you the other center info.

I don't know how to pm...I'm sorry. I actually don't even know what that is:ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't know how to pm...I'm sorry. I actually don't even know what that is:ermm:

PM stands for private message, click on a username and a drop down menu will appear.

You might have some yourself. Look at the top right hand side of any page where it says, Welcome, Sking and you'll see " private messages"