curos de reposteria en Santiago?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Hello to all and happy holiday season.
I was wondering where can I take a course in Dominican pastries. We might relocate mid next year and we will like to take with us some f othe great recepies that have made this 2 years worth living here.
Todos los dulces criollos, el biscocho, los quipes, empanadas ect.................you name it My mon and I have culinary epxerience but will like to take formal classes. Any suggestions?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Iwill check. Hach? used to have classes and so did chef Raudy....

There probably are classes. i know they teach this at the PUCMM, but you don't want to go back to school do you??

HB

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Speaking of pastries, is there anywhere in SD that has churros? In Spain you just don't start your day without churros with chocolate and cafe. Was that receipe brought to the DR?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
HB I ma always open for new opportunities. I cant say no since I have learn here that those words will bite you in the AS#$. Now I do have a culinary Art degree from SUNY Delhi among other formal education so Is not a bad idea if the PUCMM have a master Pastry Chef other wise a simple 40 hour course on Local culinary treats will do.
I have purchase some local cook books but their nothing better than learning from the pros ;)
HB you know any good local recipes you want to share?
Once again if you tell me that the best place ins PUCMM ill check it out. so far I trust your advise.
Albin

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
CHURROS....YUMMY! You may need to go to La Francesa (bakery/reposteria) en Santo Domingo, the owners are Cuban and they make the finest pastries.