Models Wanted - Philip Armstrong Salons

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
Just a quick announcement that we have a Dominican stylist working with us now who we would like to bring up to European standards, so we are searching for interested men and women to be models. We are accepting models from November 29th through December 7th, if you are interested please PM me or email to make an appointment as we are currently working via appointment only.

The stylist is experienced and has been through formal schooling, but we want to make sure she is comfortable working at our standards. She will be directly supervised by Kim, our senior stylist all the time.

Many thanks.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Really don't understand. Are you looking for Dominican Model or European Models? What type of Hair texture? Are the Models going to be Training Heads for your new Dominican Stylist? ?????? Just asking?

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
I really don't understand. Are you looking for Dominican Models or European Models? What type of Hair texture? Are the Models going to be Training Heads for your new Dominican Stylist? ?????? Just asking?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
my niece is a model in SD, has been a miss world competitor, done TV and print work, she has lots of friends too! they all want to know how much you are paying, transport from SD? and what A-1 resort they will be staying in. they are all graduates of Barbizon school in SD, ( the most beautiful place in the DR, prettier than any beach ), are all professional and need to see that you are up to their standards.........you can post here as i don't bother with PM's..................

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have the feeling the salon is giving out free haircuts to "hair models" not looking for FORD or ELITE models for the cover of Vogue Dominicana or Hola!

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
I have the feeling the salon is giving out free haircuts to "hair models" not looking for FORD or ELITE models for the cover of Vogue Dominicana or Hola!

Yes Tamborista we are looking for people in the local (Sorry - we are in Cabarete) area who are interested in participating in the training of our new-but-experienced Dominican stylist.

Thanks for the link Robert - our information is on the Directories page as you can see from Roberts post.

Any more questions feel free to PM/email.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
If she is trained and experienced why would you want models? more free advertising perhaps?

Alot of hairdressers do that when they get new stylists - its a way of making sure the standards are correct and training in their particular ways before letting them loose on the paying public. We have alot of hairdressers here in York that have one night per week specifically for that and they do it at discount price.

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
Alot of hairdressers do that when they get new stylists - its a way of making sure the standards are correct and training in their particular ways before letting them loose on the paying public. We have alot of hairdressers here in York that have one night per week specifically for that and they do it at discount price.

That's exactly it Kate, thanks for explaining so well!!

Sep 19, 2005
ok so to put it another way you are actually looking for guinea pigs, but calling them "models".

and none of your close friends are brave enough!

just teasing....

my sister worked in some higher end hair salons, and she went to classes when new stuff came out and they did the same thing.

good luck

if you need a model for a back waxing job let me know.....

bob

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
That's exactly it Kate, thanks for explaining so well!!

You're welcome - it seems sometimes on here people are far too quick to jump at peoples posts. Sometimes you can ask the most innocent question or make a comment and everyone is on your back for no reason. To be honest if I was over there I would have jumped at the chance of getting my hair done free or even at a discount!

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I had my appointment with Laura yesterday, and she did a fantastic job! You can tell that she enjoys what she does and is very passionate about her work! Kim was there to supervise - but Laura knows what she's doing!

Philip has a great salon and I can't wait to try out the other services they provide. I will definitely be returning, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a great hairdresser! :classic:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i can be a guinea pig model. there's no way you can mess up my ugly looks... :laugh:

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
"LuvtheDR" I would like to see her work some magic on your better half :devious:

I think I saw some product for hair loss....although, I fear we might be too late for that! Maybe Phil can get some wigs in stock!?:cheeky::nervous:

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
LuvtheDR - thank you for the kind words, Laura was really happy also!!

Kyle - if you are serious for being a guinea pig let me know via PM - or did you want to look like a guinea pig?!

And lastly, we do have a Kerastase product for Hair Loss, but it depends how late we are in the grand scheme of things!!!