Congratulations to Dominican Cooking!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It belongs to Auntie Clara and Auntie Chirimoya and Auntie Jane, three wonderful people who got together to create the book...

And may I add my heartfelt congratulations to the above?

XOXOXOX

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It belongs to Auntie Clara and Auntie Chirimoya and Auntie Jane, three wonderful people who got together to create the book...

And may I add my heartfelt congratulations to the above?

XOXOXOX

HB
And mine too.
Hope you pardon me for being so uninformed, Chiri.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
:: cough, cough ::

We were just happy to be nominated. Thanks to the wonderful Jane for having been part of the original team. Thanks a lot to Uncle Robert, who has helped us tremendously during these 6 years (that's like 60 in internet years), you sir are a fine human (most of the time ;) ). Thanks to all our friends who have contributed material or time to our site. Thanks to our husbands (Bok and Mr. Chiri) and kids for giving us space to do this and putting up with our cooking experiments. And from myself thanks to the magnificent Chiri, one cannot ask for a better partner.

We won an impressive statuette (that will someday be worth something on eBay), and a free suscription to Diario Libre. :D

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Excellent! Many congratulations. Any individual photos/videos of you receiving your awards? I can see Chiri in the group photo, looking resplendent of course. And with an impish grin............ :)

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Congratulations!!
Pib, Chiri, Yes, show us the glamour photos on the red carpet! ;) So you didn't go for the political speech?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks Robert and everyone who posted - I'm still a little worse for wear after last night's celebrations. :)

Pib said:
Thanks to the wonderful Jane for having been part of the original team. Thanks a lot to Uncle Robert, who has helped us tremendously during these 6 years (that's like 60 in internet years), you sir are a fine human (most of the time ). Thanks to all our friends who have contributed material or time to our site. Thanks to our husbands (Bok and Mr. Chiri) and kids for giving us space to do this and putting up with our cooking experiments.

Now I wish I'd got Pib to help me with the acceptance speech - she said everything I would have liked to say!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I also extend my congratulations to Pib, Chiri and Jane. I also wish you all more "15 minutes of fame" in the future!

Marlie

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Congratulations! I am definitely buying the book for my Mom. Dominican and Ukrainian traditions have quite a bit in common, I noticed :)

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I have a question about the dominican cooking website...
Are all the recipes on there the exact same ones as in the book? Or are there more in the book?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Geez,
I'm the last to find out who's who in here.
Congrats Pib.
Sorry I didn't mention you before.
My only excuse is that I am severely IQ challenged.
Congrats Jane.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
My heartfelt congratulations to all three of the ladies. You are certainly deserving of the award. The recipes and photos in the book are amazing.

I also enjoyed seeing the set on flickr of the awards night.

I love the book and although it is not easy to get all the items for some of the recipes where we live now sometimes we have to cook up some DR favorites since we miss living there so much!

Congrats again.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Very impressive. Congratulations! :classic:

-NALs