Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US visa for my husband-help

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy US visa for my husband-help

Hi I am new to this site but I see the great answers people receive from other users. my husband lives in the DR, he just graduated from medical school and we were together appx 1 year and a half before we got married. We will be married 1 year this january, and we are both in our mid 20's. I try to go their every 2-3 months because we decided it was best if I stayed here in the US since I have a very good job and he wants to do his medical residency here. My case was completed in october but they still have not given us an interview date, does anyone know approximately how long we will have to wait? Also, although we have never lived together for more than 2 weeks do you think we will be approved for a visa? I also don't know what kind of proof we can provide other than lots of pictures of diffrent family funtions, wedding pics, etc? I do have emails he has written to me, a list of all the phone cards I have bought, and I have added him to my credit card as an additional user. Any advice/suggestions?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Now it take about tow years more after you complete the process with the NVC. My case was completed in Nov. 2006 with the NVC, in Dec. I received my SDO case number ( 26,461 ) on the the waiting list in Santo Domingo consulate. They are working so slow that now eleven month later I have 13,000 people in front of me. waiting for the interview.
    Good luck.
    JJ.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

relax, the process will take time, the good news is that you are in your twenties, and he is a doctor, i doubt very much he won't be approved............i mean, if they start rejecting doctors nobody gets in.........add a joint checking account, go in person to your congressman"s office and explain your situation, tell them what a great democrat-republican you are, get a letter from your congressman wishing you good luck on the visa process that says something like "looking forward to meeting you when you arrive in my district." you will be surprised how helpful congressional staff can be. your congressman has a whole staff of people in the local office whose job is to deal with local citizens and ensure they get re-elected................add the letter to the mountain of papers that you take to the interview, put it on top.................ask for the interviewers name and write it down on said letter...................

Post Thanks / Like

The processs takes 2 or more years for a spouse. You can read more about it and share your story at Dominicans to the USA - Index

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

1) He had better start studying English. He has to take the boards before even thinking of a residency.
    2) He had better get his 'execuator' in the DR.
    3) He had better start working cause the process is long and costly.

Take a deep breath. this is a haul...

HB

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the great replies. in response to hillbilly he is studying english and he will be starting for execuator in january, so when he comes here he will only have to take the kaplan study course for the boards and then take the test- thanks for all the great advice. do you think since i am a us citizen it might take less than 2 years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by micsan22 View Post
    do you think since i am a us citizen it might take less than 2 years?
    Sorry to tell you but the majority of sponsors are also American citizens.

Post Thanks / Like

do you think that i should also apply for a k3 visa even though my case was completed for the CR1 visa? is the K3 visa interview wait faster?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding there is nothing faster. There are so many Dominicans on the list that want to immigrate .

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend married 5 years ago to a Dominican, she is also Dominican but has been lived in the US for alot of years. She has been trying to get her husband here for 4 years. It got so bad that her husband told her to return to DR or they were getting divorced as the long distance relationship was not working. It is a LONG process. But I do not now if they are taking so long with her case due to their ages (she is now 40yo, and he is now 24yo). Maybe there is suspicion there.I don't know...she is now living in DR again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast