Hair braiding

ajewellmom

Oct 31, 2007
Taking my daughters to BP San Juan Dec 7 - 14. I have told them we'll look into getting their hair braided as they both have very curly hair and it will make it easier to manage for the week. Anyone have an idea of what is a fair price?

N

naturelover

a fair price is anything you are comfortable paying here in the dominican republic.........look upon it as a charitable donation, like i didnt when someone asked me for 2ooo pesos for a painting i can get in cabarete cheap shop for 600

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
a fair price is anything you are comfortable paying here in the dominican republic.........look upon it as a charitable donation, like i didnt when someone asked me for 2ooo pesos for a painting i can get in cabarete cheap shop for 600

That may be the lamest answer I ever read on DR1! "Charitable donation"? I simply "look upon it as" being a sucker! I have a bridge for sale if you're interested.

Sorry Original poster I do not have answer for you, I believe in paying a fair price for whatever but not being taken advantage of. A lot of the price will depend upon where you have it done i.e. inside a resort will most likely cost you more than on the beach where there is more competition.

My suggestion to you would be to ask around a bit when you arrive.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There Is Only One RULE!!!

Set the price BEFORE they start! Oh!, And don't pay before you are satisfied with the job! No doubt,that after they finish,they will say it took more beads than they thought,or they did more braidfs than you asked for,stay firm!!! They will try many ways to intimidate you to pay more! DON't!!!!
Here is a "Hint" most maids in the DR earn 200 pesos a day!!! Do you think that an hour of "Braiding" is worth 5 times that???
Enjoy your visit! Pay whatever makes you feel good. You are here for a goodtime,not to "Drive A Bargain"!
Those of us who live here "24/7", sometimes get frustrated because it seems that EVERYONE is out to take our money! "They ARE!",but we still get frustrated!;)
Cris Colon

ajewellmom

Oct 31, 2007
Thank you for the replies. I know that I would be a fool to pay whatever they suggest, but I also do not want to rip them off. Great comparison re the the maid income. Just increases my resolve to do something nice for my maid. :)

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
One last thought, if you're feeling charitable It would be far better to bring down school supplies or give a donation to an orphanage.

N

naturelover

i dont see that as a lame answer............if you are happy paying the price there is no problem......if not dont pay it

ajewellmom

Oct 31, 2007
I already have an extra suitcase packed with some clothing, school supplies etc. as well to give away. Hoping I can find somewhere close to the resort to take it though. As we're at BP San Juan, I understand it is a pretty remote area, so I'm not sure about where we'll find a school or orphanage to donate to.