Patronales in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
any info on this ? i know it's a religious celebration but i just wondered is it worth attending during my stay next week. i read Sosua News but i want first hand info from the people that live in the area.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
any info on this ? i know it's a religious celebration but i just wondered is it worth attending during my stay next week. i read Sosua News but i want first hand info from the people that live in the area.
If you like crowds and local music, you'd probably have a good time.
Worth checking out, I would think.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
so i take it caberete will be crowded during this time. thanks....
It depends on how big the event is.
When they have them in POP and Montellano, it's really big.
Cabarete is so tiny, I don't expect that it will be huge, but surely enough to cause a traffic jam.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Its going to be a big event. Its the inaugeration of their brand new basketball court, with a bball tourney, and volleyball tourney. The basketball games will be televised on local tv, the parade is this sunday around 4pm....and every night will be live music.....forgot the bands playing, but it will be fun and a big thing in cabarete.....and come and watch the gringo team get their a$$ handed to them.....ow well the Tripulantes will come in #1 in the beer drinking.......wish us luck

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sounds nice...i'll be in town on 5 Dec - 10 Dec so i may check it out...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
the court is in the calle jon. go down the road and you will pass a big white church on your right.....then a little farther after the colmado mora, and his compra venta you will see on your right an alley between the compra venta and edenorte office......turn right, then left and you will almost drive on the court....but if its as busy as we think it might be, you may have to park on the street and walk about 150 - 200 yards to get there.....you shouldn't miss it....
oh on another note.....anybody know of a basketball player that wants to play point guard....ours just fell off his roof tonight and landed in bornigal in PP
hope to see you there

N

naturelover

thank you for the directions .....sorry i dont quite think im up to playing standard but i will come to watch lol.....I used to play for the bank team but that was more like a punch up as there was no referee

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i will see you guys at the b-ball court next week. i'll be the guy with the geritol cuba libre. :laugh:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Good luck

Good Luck on getting through to Cabarete from east or west on the road under construction even on a normal day. Don't know who the phenomemo was who thought up this project timing for high season but he/she should be tarred and feathered (at least). Avoid road in Cabarete from now until it's finished, it can be a real pain in the a**, even on two wheels. Just to the Callej?n de la Loma may not be TOO bad from the west, but from the east...............???oooo, not much fun.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Directions

We thought we knew the area pretty well but are mystified as to where there is a church in Cabarete & the location callejon. Where will the mass actually be held and at what time por favor?
Abuela

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
You think you know the area pretty well?
And you don't know where Callejon de la Loma is?
Por favor!
It is the first street on the left as you head out of town toward Sosua.
It is directly across from Ocean Dream Plaza.
Lots of great places to eat. Bliss is great French cusine, La Loco is the best place anywhere to get a steak. EL Tigre is fun, there's the newer Moive pizza place and Mercede's is a great Domincan joint for seafood.
There are Dominican resturants, discos, billars and colmados all over the place.
It's really the only place in Cabarete where you can have a Domincan evening and actually hear some Bachata and Merengue.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You think you know the area pretty well?
And you don't know where Callejon de la Loma is?
Por favor!
The original directions were a bit ambiguous.
the court is in the calle jon
It shows the place as being on Jon street, Calle Jon.
I didn't catch it at first either, that he/she meant El Callejon de la Loma.
No need to ridicule Abuela for not understanding poorly written directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.